Emissions Project Manager (Environment & Sustainability)
Reference Code: 89145
Location: Canada (CA) – Calgary, AB
Job Category: Project Management
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
Application Deadline: 09/26/2021
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
To remain competitive, support our high-performance culture and allow for more flexibility in the way we work, we offer a hybrid work model and flexible dress code for our eligible office-based workforce in Canada, the U.S. and Mexico.
Our Environment and Sustainability team is seeking an Emissions Project Manager to support our methane emissions leak detection and repair (LDAR) program as well as to help advance sustainability focused initiatives within the organization. The Environment and Sustainability team supports Projects, Operations and Commercial requirements to implement the Canada Gas Environment & Sustainability strategy for meeting Climate Change Canada (ECCC) Regulations, this includes Methane Reduction, Multi-Sector Air Pollutant Regulation (MSAPR – NOx) Reduction, and environmental TOPs management.
As the Project Manager, you will be primarily responsible for managing and executing regulatory and compliance-based programs dictated by the ECCC for GHG emissions management and reduction. In addition, You will maintain strong relationships by partnering collaboratively with internal stakeholders (e.g. Projects, Operations, Portfolio Management, Commercial, Pipeline Integrity, Safety & Quality, Regulatory, IS, Technical Centre, SCM, Environment, etc.) to ensure alignment and support of Facility Reliability & Integrity (FRI) department objectives.
What you’ll do
- Ensure compliance to Emission Regulations and manage associated projects (includes LDAR program)
- Prepare budget estimates and complete monthly forecast updates
- Develop risk management plans and risk registers
- Coordinate and direct the work of external consultants or contractors to ensure successful program execution
- Manage field activities for projects while ensuring safety and quality programs are being followed
- Collaborate with Company Safety Representatives to promote awareness and understanding of safety performance on projects, and support incident response activities
- Coordinate the timely completion of project documentation and close out processes
- Support development of Methane Emission reduction Programs (including the development of an alternative LDAR program)
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to identify emission reduction opportunities and prepare funding proposals (internal and external) to support the advancement of those opportunities
- Educate and support project staff on the current strategies for engineering and project execution on environment and sustainability requirements to achieve consistent, repeatable, predictable outcomes
- Provide coaching and mentorship to junior team members
- Bachelor’s degree or a technical diploma in a related field
- 6 years of related industry experience
- Proven experience in project management or project engineering within pipelines or facilities
- Experience in reading and understanding various engineering / design drawings to assess construction requirements (P&ID’s, Alignment sheets, IFC, etc.)
- Excellent computer skills – experience with MS Project, Power BI and other Microsoft software packages
- Previous experience and familiarity with federal / provincial Environmental Regulations
- Previous experience managing fugitive & vented emission reduction projects / programs
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership across multiple groups without direct control
- Solid understanding of project management methodologies
- Strong conflict resolution skills
This position requires candidates to:
- Have and maintain a valid Driver’s License
- Provide a driver’s abstract for review
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Apply to this posting by 09/26/2021 using reference code 89145. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.