Vertex is currently accepting applications for an Emissions Technologist in Calgary, Alberta. The Emissions Technologist will support the Emissions Management team with analyzing and reporting data collected through a variety of emissions management field programs in Western Canada. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual with a strong work ethic, strong technical writing skills, exceptional attention to detail, and the ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Post-secondary diploma in Engineering Technology required
- Technical writing skills with an aptitude for data manipulation
- Previous intern or co-op experience in oil and gas preferred
- Knowledge of equipment associated with oil and gas Facilities
- Experience in emissions quantification and analysis preferred
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Ability to interpret technical data as it relates to regulatory compliance
- Develop a detailed understanding of regulatory requirements related to emissions management, working closely with emissions management project teams
- Conduct detailed QA/QC review of technical data from fugitive emissions, equipment inventory, and vent measurement results from a variety of field programs
- Analysis of emissions data against applicable regulatory requirements
- Regulatory reporting associated with fugitive and venting methane emissions
- Support continuous improvement of Emissions Management service offerings
- Maintain a safe, secure and healthy environment by adhering to Company/Customer safety standards and practices and to legal regulations, alerting others regarding potential hazards or concern
- Perform all duties as assigned and adhere to Vertex’s Core Values
- This position will be based out of our office in Calgary, Alberta.
- Compensation is commensurate with education and experience
- A comprehensive benefit package is provided
With a track record of success, Vertex provides a fast-paced environment where people thrive. We recognize that each member brings a valuable skill set to the Vertex team and we make health, safety and community well-being a priority by supporting numerous endeavors at each of our locations across North America.
At Vertex, we value teamwork through collaboration and provide support across the entire organization. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team, please apply.
*We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted*
To apply for this job please visit vertex.ca.