Requisition Id: 22873
Department: Architect & Project Services Group
Pembina Pipeline Corporation’s Calgary office is recruiting for an Enterprise Data Architect to join the team. This position reports to the Senior Manager, Architecture and Project Services in the Information Systems Service Unit (ISU), part of Pembina’s Corporate Services Division.
Summary of Responsibilities
The role of the Enterprise Data Architect is to expand the company’s vision of data as an asset and to the use of data as a strategic enabler of corporate goals and objectives. The Enterprise Data Architect will achieve this by strategically designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining a data methodology and framework for master data, enterprise applications, analytics, ML/AI models and other systems. The successful candidate will act as the primary advocate of all data related best practices. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
Strategy & Planning
- Develop and deliver long-term strategic goals for data architecture vision and standards in conjunction with data users, department managers, clients, and other key stakeholders;
- Create short-term tactical solutions to achieve long-term objectives and an overall data architecture roadmap;
- Establish processes for governing the identification, collection, and use of corporate master data; take steps to assure master data health, validity, and clarity;
- Establish methods and procedures for tracking data quality, completeness, redundancy, and improvement;
- Conduct data capacity planning, life cycle, duration, usage requirements, feasibility studies, and other tasks;
- Create strategies and plans for data security, backup, disaster recovery, business continuity, and archiving;
- Ensure that data strategies and architectures are in regulatory, cyber security and privacy compliance;
- Assess and determine governance, stewardship, and frameworks for managing master and transactional data across the organization;
- Develop and promote data management methodologies and standards;
- Collaborate with data owners and increase maturity of the Pembina data and master data management practice;
- Select and implement the appropriate tools, software, applications, and systems to support data technology goals;
- Oversee the mapping of data sources, data movement, interfaces, and analytics, with the goal of ensuring data quality;
- Collaborate with project managers and business unit leaders for all projects involving enterprise master and transactional data;
- Address data-related problems regarding systems integration, compatibility, and multiple-platform integration;
- Act as a leader and advocate of data management, including coaching, training, and career development to staff;
- Develop and implement key components as needed to create testing criteria to guarantee the fidelity and performance of data architecture;
- Document the data architecture and environment to maintain a current and accurate view of the larger data picture;
- Identify and develop opportunities for master and transactional data reuse, migration, or retirement; and
- Participate in a team environment that values equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Diploma or Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering or related field;
- Demonstratable work experience as a data or information architect;
- Demonstratable work experience in the Energy Industry;
- Hands-on experience with data architecting, data modeling, data engineering, cloud data engineering and business requirements gathering/analysis;
- Working knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws;
- Direct experience in establishing enterprise data management processes, procedures, and decision support;
- Direct experience in establishing and/or leading an enterprise master data program;
- Comfortable communicating to Executive and all levels of an organization;
- Experience with Azure or other Cloud Service data architecture practices;
- Experience with data and information system life cycle methodologies;
- Experience with Solution Architecture development and review;
- Experience with database platforms, including SQL Server, Azure SQL, SAP HANA, SAP BW, BW 4 HANA, Postgres, OSI PI or related Process Historians;
- Strong familiarity with metadata management, conceptual, logical, business area, and application data models and associated processes;
- Hands-on knowledge of enterprise repository tools, data modeling tools, data mapping tools, and data profiling tools;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills, comfortable with communications to all Management and Executive levels;
- Ability to present technical concepts and ideas to both technical and business audiences; and
- Ability to introduce and foster adoption of new ideas and ways of working.
Final candidate will be required to undergo a background check; including a criminal record check.
No agency calls please.
Pembina Pipeline Corporation is committed to diversity, equal opportunity and ensuring that our employees have the ability to thrive in an inclusive environment. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous status, national origin, age, disability or any other legally-protected factors. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request during the recruitment process.
For more than 65 years, Pembina has safely and reliably served North America’s energy industry, delivering oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids production to North American markets.
Powering Pembina’s growth are our smart, creative and energetic people who allow us to remain a disciplined and responsible energy transportation and service provider and a trusted member in our communities.
Our expectations are high and our rewards reflect this: We treat our people well – whether it’s through our compensation package, community engagement and volunteer opportunities, or our numerous social activities.
Pembina provides everything you could want in an employer. We are a proud recipient of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2018-2021), Alberta’s Top Employers (2014-2021), Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2019), and an Employer Partner of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion. We are also a strong supporter of Skills Canada.
To apply for this job please visit careers.pembina.com.