Vertex is currently accepting applications for an Environmental Field Technician in Carlsbad, New Mexico. The successful candidate must be experienced field work report writing, client relationships and project coordination. The Environmental Field Technician will assist our environmental team in conducting environmental projects primarily within the oil and gas industry across North America.
- Three to five years of experience in environmental consulting industry.
- Undergraduate degree specializing in Environmental Sciences, Geological Sciences, Biology or similar discipline
- Experience working in field and office environments an asset.
- Environmental experience within the Oil and Gas, Energy, and Infrastructure industries required
- Experience within Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Missouri, Arkansas, and Kansas are considered an asset
- ProvIde support on environmental projects within the oil and gas and midstream industries including:
- Spill Assessment, Remediation Plan Execution and Closure Sampling
- Environmental Assessments (Characterization and Remediation)
- Reclamation Planning and Execution
- Water Well & Groundwater assessments
- Regulatory submissions –Sundry Reports, C-141, etc.)
- Air Services – Compliance Reporting
- Water and Soil Sampling
- Field Screening for Hydrocarbons and Chlorides
- Responsible for communication with Project Manager on project deliverables and scope development
- Responsible for both field execution of environmental projects
- Responsible to build both internal and external relationships within Vertex, with regulators and clients to effectively execute assigned environmental projects.
- Working Knowledge of regulations
- Texas RRC
- University Lands
- State Lands
- Bureau of Land Management
- Field Execution of Environmental Projects
- Trimble GPS Utilization
- Soil Sampling Protocols – PID, PetroFlag, Quantabs
- Lab Analysis – Chain of Custody
- Water Sampling Protocols
- New Mexico and Texas
- This position is based out of the Vertex office in Carlsbad, NM and will require travel.
- Compensation is commensurate with education and experience
- Medical and dental insurance
- Company Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Retirement savings plans (401k)
- Excellent company culture
With a track record of success, Vertex provides a fast-paced environment where people thrive. We recognize that each member brings a valuable skillset to the Vertex team and we make health, safety and community well-being a priority by supporting numerous endeavors at each of our locations across North America.
At Vertex, we value teamwork through collaboration and provide support across the entire organization. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team, please apply.
*We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted*
To apply for this job please visit vertex.ca.