Vertex is currently accepting applications for a full-time, permanent Environmental Specialist (Environmental Assessment & Real Estate) in Victoria, British Columbia. The successful candidate will responsible for completing Phase I, II, Environmental Site Assessments (ESA) as well as remediation projects on commercial and municipal properties within Western Canada (BC, Alberta, SK and MB).
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in an environmental impact assessment related capacity
- 5+ years of experience executing environmental site assessments in the commercial and municipal industry
- Experience executing CSA compliant Phase I and Environmental Site Assessments (ESA’s) (Z768-01) and Phase 2 Environmental Site Assessments (Z769-0)
- Knowledgeable with standard guidelines, policies and procedures and Canadian environmental assessment legislation
- Excellent technical writing abilities and proven experience executing Phase I’s and Environmental Site Assessments (ESA) projects
- Ability to work independently and with a remote team
- Ideal candidate is one who has Completion of AESAC (Associated Environmental Site Assessors of Canada) courses
- Completion of Property Condition Assessments (PCA’s) is considered an asset
- Knowledge and experience with US procedures, completing ASTM compliant Phase I ESA is considered an asset
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Demonstrated abilities to work with people and develop and maintain customer relationship with clients both face to face and on the phone.
- Support the growth of the Environmental Assessment and Remediation business by developing relationships with existing and future client contacts and supporting the development of proposals
- Acting as the resource on projects requiring Environmental Site Assessments
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with government and regulatory agencies
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with a focus on the municipal and commercial industries
- Prepare quotes and proposed for future work
- Compiling and editing environment site assessment reports and related deliverables for a variety of projects across multiple sectors
- This position will be based out of Victoria, British Columbia.
- Compensation is commensurate with education and experience
- A comprehensive benefit package is provided
*We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted*
To apply for this job please visit vertex.ca.