POSITION SUMMARY Under the guidance and direction of the site foreman or direct supervisor, the Excavator Operator is responsible for operating heaving equipment in an efficient, safe and appropriate manner in order to minimize the risk of injury, property damage or loss of life while supporting construction activities. Employees of our JEDCO division are expected to support and participate in a “culture of safety” and adhere to and be ambassadors of Strike’s Code of Conduct and Values, and to treat others with dignity, respect and fairness. POSITION LOCATON/ DETAILS
- Various locations in Alberta, including Fort MacMurray, Whitecourt, Fox Creek and various locations in central and southern Alberta
- Shifts are typically 24 & 4 but may vary
- Safe evacuation of operating pipelines
- Ability to work off digging mats when required
- Inspect equipment to ensure fluid levels, cutting edges and tracks are in good working order. Make supervisor aware of any equipment deficiencies
- Attends and participates in various meetings such as monthly safety meetings, pre-job and tailgate meetings
- Integrity dig experience
- Experience operating 200 series to 470 series excavator size
- 5 years’ experience or more preferred
- H2S Alive, CSTS or PCST, Standard First Aid, Ground Disturbance ABCGA Level II.
- Valid driver’s license
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Capable of working well on a team or individually
- Capable of following directions that are spoken or given by hand signals
- Detail oriented with a mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work outside in extreme weather
- Must be capable of getting to the designated job site
Who we are JEDCO Energy Services a division of Strike Group is a leading single source provider of pipeline maintenance services, construction, and procurement in the Canadian Oil and Gas industry. JEDCO is identified throughout the industry for delivering efficient and quality work, performed in safe manner, on time and on budget. Our company is committed to providing and maintaining a safe work environment by following recognized industry best practices. Visit JEDCO Energy Services website at www.jedcoenergy.com for additional information.
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.