Executive Assistant (Canada Gas)
Reference Code: 93462
Location: Canada (CA) – Calgary, AB
Job Category: Administration
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
Application Deadline: 10/24/2021
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
To remain competitive, support our high-performance culture and allow for more flexibility in the way we work, we offer a hybrid work model and flexible dress code for our eligible office-based workforce in Canada, the U.S. and Mexico.
Supporting members of our Executive Leadership Team (ELT), the Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external parties on matters pertaining to respective ELT members.
Success in this role requires an individual with proven ability to build rapport and work with stakeholders across the organization. In addition to strong business judgement, demonstrated commitment to high professional standards and mature judgement are critical to success.
What you’ll do
- Coordinate the consolidation and preparation of executive materials for all meetings including Board and executive leadership meetings
- Create / edit / update presentations, charts and graphs and ensure materials are ready for distribution
- Review and ensure all correspondence, presentations and executive/board documents are accurate, contain consistent messaging, and follow corporate standards and templates
- Proactive calendar management and judgment in managing competing priorities
- Coordinate travel including itineraries, hotel and transportation arrangements
- Manage email for ELT member(s) – monitor, read, research, and route correspondence; draft internal and external correspondence and documents; collect and analyze information; initiate communications
- Proactively identify interdependencies across ELT functions and coordinate with other executive assistants
- Liaison with outside stakeholders, business organizations and industry contacts
- Manage phone calls and calendars, apply judgment to prioritize competing requests and coordinate internal and external meetings
- Provide coverage for other Executive Assistants as required
- 10 years’ experience in the energy industry including support to C-level executives
- Post-Secondary education in Administrative Studies (or a related field) from a recognized institution
- Advanced computer skills: MS Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Visio; in addition, ability to prepare materials utilizing suite of Microsoft tools with minimal supervision and under tight deadlines
- High level of discretion, able to deal with highly sensitive and confidential information
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated interest in business fundamentals
- Media savvy – ability to leverage tools and technologies required for Townhalls and events
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Highly organized with an ability to prioritize
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-starter who can work independently and collaborate with others as required
- Demonstrated ability to develop rapport and work with individuals at all levels across the organization
This position requires candidates to:
- Be on standby during meetings and be available on call 24/7 to assist with urgent matters
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Apply to this posting by 10/24/2021 using reference code 93462. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.