Vertex is currently accepting applications for an Executive Assistant/Receptionist in Calgary, Alberta. The successful candidate must have previous experience as an executive assistant and familiar with office management. The Executive Assistant/Receptionist will provide support in a one-on-one working relationship with Executive Management and Senior Management staff.
- Diploma and/or bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or relevant discipline.
- 3-5 years’ experience in an Executive Assistant role preferred.
- Proven work experience as a Senior Executive Assistant, Executive Administrative Assistant or similar role
- Strong knowledge of office procedures and practices.
- Keen attention to details.
- Proficient with Visio and Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Strong communication skills (via phone, email and in-person)
- Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company information
- Proven organizational and time management skills.
- Provide direct administrative and office management support to all members of the executive team, as directed.
- Maintain work schedules and calendars of executive management
- Prepare travel schedules, book travel arrangements, and make reservations for senior management and executive staff.
- Review all documents, reports, and correspondence prepared for executive signatures for format, content, grammar, spelling and make edits as necessary.
- Maintains and organizes office operations and procedures such as filing system, expense reports as appropriate, office supply orders, and other administration services.
- Interfaces in a professional manner with senior executives and team members, handles confidential information with discretion and demonstrates diplomacy and excellent judgment in dealing with sensitive situations.
- Perform various (light) accounting duties
- Provide reception services including greeting, screening and directing visitors and telephone calls, handling telephone messages and receiving/redirecting incoming mail, faxes, deliveries and courier packages.
- Present a positive and professional image of the executive office to all visitors, suppliers, inquiries, and other persons.
- Given the high growth of the business this person must take ownership of the office.
- Other duties as directed by your supervisor or manager
- This position will be based out of Calgary, Alberta.
- Compensation is commensurate with education and experience
With a track record of success, Vertex provides a fast-paced environment where people thrive. We recognize that each member brings a valuable skillset to the Vertex team and we make health, safety and community well-being a priority by supporting numerous endeavors at each of our locations across North America.
At Vertex, we value teamwork through collaboration and provide support across the entire organization. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team, please apply.
*We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted*
To apply for this job please visit vertex.ca.