As a Facilities Engineer for our Slave Lake area, you will manage the engineering and construction of projects on new and existing oil, gas, water handling and polymer injection facilities. Project goals will focus on safety, schedules, budget and quality control. You will have demonstrated field experience and be able to report on activities and objectives to a number of company teams.
You will travel to field locations on a regular basis to work closely with operations, production and construction personnel. You will be responsible for the cost, design, construction and safe execution of each project until turnover to operations.
This position is based in Calgary, Alberta and is eligible for:
• Relocation to Calgary
COMPETITIVE SALARY – STOCK OPTIONS – STOCK SAVINGS PLAN – ANNUAL BONUSES – BENEFITS – RELOCATION
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Enhance productivity by efficiently managing construction resources and schedules while ensuring adherence to development goals and equipment specifications standards
• Define deliverables (cost, schedule, quality and safety) from the design and construction team and drive them to project completion
• Promote innovation within facility projects by working closely with the operations, facilities and production engineering staff to ensure the most appropriate technologies and designs are used for each application while ensuring that operational experience has been incorporated into the facilities
• Oversee various facilities projects and actively participate in the engineering design when required. Project work may include, but are not limited to the design and construction of the following systems:
o Oil treating
o Water handling, filtration and treating
o Heat exchanger and cooling
o Metering, tankage and injection facilities
o Other field facilities and supporting infrastructure
• Encourage safety awareness within your projects and actively participate in promoting safety in the field
• Be knowledgeable and work according to all applicable guidelines, directives and regulations to enhance Canadian Natural’s success by ensuring the completion of facility projects on time, on budget and safely while adhering to quality standards and corporate initiatives
• Authentication of all engineering work per CNRL’s Professional Practice Management Plan
• Typically 10 years of related industry experience in the design and construction of oil and gas production facilities
• Degree in engineering
• Registration or eligibility for registration with APEGA
• Proof and maintenance of a valid Class 5 Alberta driver’s license, or equivalent, is required
• Expertise in:
o Field supervision & managing construction personnel
o Piping systems
o Fluid handling and fluid distribution systems
• Structural engineering experience an asset
To see related Facilities Engineering roles at CNRL, visit: www.cnrl-careers.com/jobs/Engineering-Facilities
About Canadian Natural
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: “To develop people to work together to create value for the Company’s shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity.” As a leading oil and gas producer, our diverse combination of assets include light oil, heavy oil, in situ oil sands production, oil sands mining and upgrading facilities, and natural gas. At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://trr.tbe.taleo.net/trr01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CNRL&cws=1&rid=12611&source=BOE%20Report →