FACILITY INTEGRITY SPECIALIST
Why work at AltaGas?
AltaGas is a North American energy infrastructure company with a focus on owning and operating assets that provide clean and affordable energy to our customers. Our talented team, nearly 3,000 strong, leverages the strength of our assets and expertise along the energy value chain to connect customers with premier energy solutions – from the well sites of upstream producers to the doorsteps of homes and businesses to new markets around the world.
We deliver clean and affordable natural gas to approximately 1.6 million customers’ homes and businesses through regulated natural gas distribution utilities across five jurisdictions in the United States and two regulated natural gas storage utilities in the United States. Learn more about our team, vision and strategy.
How do you fit in?
In this role, you will be joining a team that coordinates activities to ensure the integrity of gas plant and gas gathering field production equipment is maintained at an acceptable level, which allows for safe, efficient, compliant and reliable operations. The Facility Integrity Specialist develops, implements, and manages various inspection and monitoring programs for facility fixed equipment including boilers, pressure vessels, heat exchangers, pressure safety valves (PSVs), piping and storage tanks.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to achieve facility integrity management goals
- Implement inspection strategies for fixed facility equipment
- Create and maintain routine inspection, mitigation and monitoring plans including detailed turnaround inspection plans for facility fixed equipment and provide annual budget forecasts
- Coordinate and manage inspection, non-destructive examination (NDE) and repair activities for facility fixed equipment
- Assess the condition of fixed facility equipment
- Maintain inspection data management systems (IDMS) and fixed facility equipment records
- Complete damage mechanism reviews (DMRs) and create corrosion circuits
- Create and maintain corrosion control documents (CCDs)
- Establish and monitor integrity operating windows (IOWs)
- Develop, implement, and maintain special emphasis inspection (SEI) programs for things such as corrosion under insulation (CUI)
- Participate in failure investigations and perform root cause analysis (RCA) following incidents involving fixed facility equipment
- Provide inspection support for day-to-day plant maintenance, management of change (MOC) and projects
- Interface with regulatory bodies and vendors
- Audit vendors’ quality management systems
What you must have:
- 7-10 years’ experience in the oil and gas industry with a minimum of 1 years’ inspection and asset integrity management experience
- Hold a valid API 510 Pressure Vessel Inspector or be willing to obtain it
- Have a solid understanding of the regulations plus the adopted codes and standards that govern fixed facility equipment in Alberta and British Columbia
- General awareness of relevant industry standards and regulations governing pipelines in Alberta and British Columbia
- An Engineering Degree and/or Engineering Technology Diploma in Materials, Metallurgical, Welding, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering are desired
- Alberta In-Service Pressure Equipment Inspector Certificate of Competency Pressure Vessels and Pressure Piping (ISI-PVPP), Alberta In-Service Pressure Equipment Inspector Certificate of Competency Pressure Piping (ISI-PP), API 570 Piping Inspector, API 653 Above Ground Storage Tank Inspector, NDE, NACE Coating Inspector, CSA and/or AWS Welding Inspector certifications would be an asset
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as presentation skills
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, enthusiastic and confident, with excellent problem-solving skills and a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude toward work
- Driven, results-oriented individual who naturally takes responsibility for setting the standard and achieving results
- Self-directed and capable of working within a continuously changing environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Instill confidence and create strong relationships quickly
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet reporting deadlines
- Creative with new challenges
- Have demonstrated knowledge equipment degradation mechanisms and associated mitigation, monitoring and inspection methods
- Be proficient in the use of commonly used applications such as MS Excel, MS Word, Adobe Acrobat, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Skilled with computer maintenance management systems (CMMS) and inspection data management systems (IDMS)
- Ability to climb ladders/platforms and perform confined space entries
- Travel to field locations will be required
Where you’ll be working:
This position will be located in our Head Office in downtown Calgary, AB with frequent trips to our site locations in AB and BC. To learn more about our organization please visit AltaGas 101.
Ready to join our team?
If you’d like to be part of a company that invests in its people, always creates opportunities to help them grow and fosters an environment where everyone feels welcome, AltaGas is the place for you!
To apply, submit your resume in confidence to our Human Resources team by clicking on the button below or visiting www.altagas.ca/careers .
AltaGas hires personnel on the basis of job-related qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to a person’s ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in working with us, but only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. At this time, we are not accepting agency referrals or telephone inquiries.
To apply for this job please visit tre.tbe.taleo.net.