FIELD OPERATOR – HARMATTAN
Why work at AltaGas?
AltaGas is a North American energy infrastructure company with a focus on owning and operating assets that provide clean and affordable energy to our customers. Our talented team, nearly 3,000 strong, leverages the strength of our assets and expertise along the energy value chain to connect customers with premier energy solutions – from the well sites of upstream producers to the doorsteps of homes and businesses to new markets around the world.
We deliver clean and affordable natural gas to approximately 1.6 million customers’ homes and businesses through regulated natural gas distribution utilities across five jurisdictions in the United States and two regulated natural gas storage utilities in the United States. Learn more about our team, vision and strategy.
How do you fit in?
Reporting to the Lead, Field Operations, you will an important part of the Field Operations Team supporting the Harmattan Gas Plant.
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensure an overall safe approach to work
- Monitoring producer’s flows
- Complete pipeline cleaning of all raw gas lines
- Clear Alberta First Calls
- Supervise Third Party pipeline crossings
- Complete ESD and riser inspections
- Operate compressor site with dehy, condensate stabilizer, and truck load out
- Work collaboratively with land owners to address concerns
What you must have:
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Highschool Diploma or equivilent
- Experience working on pipelines
- Experience running a gas battery
- FPHO (Fired Process Heater Operator) Certification preferred
- Ground Disturbance Certification would be an asset
- Must be willing to work Overtime and be On-Call
Where you’ll be working:
The Harmattan Gas Processing Complex processes and extracts gas. It is one of the largest gas plants in Alberta and is located 100 kilometres north of Calgary near Sundre, Alberta. Harmattan extracts NGLs from the raw natural gas delivered for processing, fractionates the recovered NGLs into specification ethane, propane, butane and condensate, and provides storage and terminal services for each product. To learn more visit the Harmattan Gas Processing Complex.
Ready to join our team?
If you’d like to be part of a company that invests in its people, always creates opportunities to help them grow and fosters an environment where everyone feels welcome, AltaGas is the place for you!
To apply, submit your resume in confidence to our Human Resources team by clicking on the button below or visiting www.altagas.ca/careers .
AltaGas hires personnel on the basis of job-related qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to a person’s ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in working with us, but only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. At this time, we are not accepting agency referrals or telephone inquiries.
To apply for this job please visit tre.tbe.taleo.net.