Field Work Planner – Stettler, AB
Reference Code: 78962
Location: Canada (CA) – Stettler, AB
Job Category: Trades/Technical
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is eligible for our domestic relocation program
Application Deadline: 01/28/2021
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
Are you passionate about safety, working in a collaborative environment, and taking initiative? Are you highly motivated and a self-starter that enjoys working in a field environment? As part of the Canada Gas Operations team you’ll apply your critical thinking and technical skills to keep our natural gas compressor stations, measurement stations, and pipeline assets operating safely and reliably. Our Canadian Natural Gas Pipelines business includes over 43,000 kms of existing pipeline, 120 compressor stations and approximately 1,500 measurement stations across Canada.
Our jobs are for innovators, thinkers, doers, team players and leaders. They’re for people who dream big, seek purpose, value good teams and like to do big things.
The Field Work Planner will work jointly and collaborate with Area Managers, Maintenance Program Managers, Project Managers and technicians to coordinate and schedule work within the region, as well as schedule regional pipeline resources across the Canada Gas Operations (CGO) system as required. This position requires the skills to develop, manage and assess work plans to enable the effective completion of work activities across the CGO system.
This position may require long periods at a work station, and may be required to drive long distances, be exposed to field operations and construction environments, as well as travel on short notice to other company locations which may involve some overnight stays away from home (estimated up to 25%). Hours of work may need to be extended as business needs arise.
What you’ll do
In addition to focusing on work scheduling and coordination of short to intermediate term activities, achieving high levels of productivity, safety, equipment reliability and availability and environmental compliance, the Field Work Planner (FWP) role will:
• Develop short term one to six-month area work plans incorporating maintenance programs, regulatory compliance activities, project support and corrective maintenance work
• Plan/manage efficient resource schedules to support major and minor outages, projects and routine maintenance
• Develop work execution plans and detailed resource schedules to provide direction and coordination of project activities within the region
• Ensure work orders and other required documentation are created and properly scoped and reported for all work in the area
• Manage the work plans to ensure that corrective work and work backlog items are incorporated and opportunities to bundle and combine work are identified and all work is resourced as required
• Utilize regional contracting strategies, including supply of parts and vendor services, to ensure required resources are available to complete the work as per the plans
• Act as the area contact to all other departments for short term planning issues, resource availability and updates/progress reports for all major area work
• Collaborate and support other Field Work Planners as needed within the Region
• Provide regular assessments and reports of work plan completion and variance
• Incorporate revisions and ensure accuracy of entity information and maintenance programs that are modified at a local/regional level
• Participate in regional management on-call rotation
• Post-Secondary education in a related field
• Minimum six (6) years of related experience in a planning, project coordinator or work management
• Preference will be given to candidates with a minimum of two (2) years industry related experience as a Business Analyst or a certified Project Manager (PMP)
• Solid understanding of the fundamental principles of Maintenance Management and analytical skills supported by use of applicable software applications
• Capability and flexibility to respond to time pressure by adjusting work hours to meet critical deadlines
• Ability to work effectively both independently and in cross-functional teams
• Detail oriented with good organizational, planning and financial skills
• Strong capability to effectively utilize available resources and meet Regional asset operation requirements
• Ability to prioritize and manage numerous competing work requests and expectations simultaneously
• Excellent communication, influencing and interpersonal skills
• Ability to provide and present timely and relevant feedback and or reporting to various stakeholders
• Application of analytical and reporting skills to communicate work progress and variances
• Strong leadership skills for delegation, negotiation, and consensus building to coordinate work to meet Regional objectives.
• Ability to work outside of normal business hours when required
• SAP experience
• Related industry trade skills and knowledgeable about asset maintenance practices
• Strong knowledge and experience with computerized maintenance management systems
This position requires candidates to:
• Have and maintain a valid driver’s license and safe driving record
• Be subject to callouts with extended workdays/weeks as required to complete assignments or emergency support
• Travel frequently within the assigned area of responsibility
• Travel occasionally to other company locations which may include overnight trips
About Canada Gas Operations
We’re up for any challenge. Are you? Delivering energy across North America safely, responsibly and reliably takes a skilled hands-on team. Our Canadian Gas operations employees make sure we deliver natural gas day-in and day-out to millions of people who count on TC Energy for the energy that powers our world. Our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration guide how we work with one another – and how we work with external stakeholders who are affected by our operations.
Apply to this posting by 01/28/2021 using reference code 78962. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.