STUDENT CO-OP/INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY: 4-month term, starting May 2018.
The Strategy & Corporate Development department is seeking a co-op student to work in the Calgary office. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to enhance their financial analysis skills as well as gain a basic understanding of North America’s energy infrastructure industry.
- Assist a team of analysts providing support to the departments various initiatives;
- Scenario analysis to assist in the evaluation of company’s portfolio of assets based on current market transactions;
- Transaction execution support to any potential mergers, acquisitions, or divestiture opportunities;
- Assessment support to company’s strategy initiatives;
- Financial modeling focusing on valuation work through comparable company analysis, precedent transactions, and discounted cash flow analysis;
- Follow a group of industry peers and report / communicate on key developments;
- Data room management in potential due diligence processes;
- Maintenance of merger and acquisition (M&A) valuation database;
- Ad hoc qualitative and quantitative research / analysis requests, as required.
Qualifications and Education
- Must be enrolled in a co-op / internship program at a recognized post-secondary institution over the duration of the work term;
- Strong technical / computer skills (Excel / PowerPoint / Word);
- Familiarity with constructing financial models to facilitate valuation and economic analysis;
- Knowledge of accounting principles relating to financial statement preparation and business combinations;
- Attention to detail, ability to capture and report information with a high degree of accuracy;
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple assignments on a timely basis;
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) with peers.
- Must be a 3rd of 4th year student enrolled in a Commerce or Business Administration degree program with a concentration in Finance or Economics;
- Enrolment in the CFA program would be an asset but not mandatory;
- GPA in good standing.
*Depending on the qualifications of the applicants, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
Applicants who require accommodation at any stage of the application process or if you would like additional information regarding TransCanada's accommodation policies please contact email@example.com.
All positions require background screening. Some include criminal and/or credit checks in order to comply with regulations.
Please apply to this posting by 01/26/2018. To apply, go to jobs.transcanada.com and enter reference code 46591. Only applications submitted through the TransCanada Careers website will be acknowledged.
TransCanada is an equal opportunity employer.
Make what you do matter.
At TransCanada we dream big, think big and do big things. For over 65 years, we've had the vision and scale to deliver big things that matter to the world. From supplying reliable and efficient energy to millions of North Americans with our pipelines, gas storage and power generation facilities, we believe in making big things possible.
TransCanada is looking for people who are willing to think about the future…and think big. We're looking for people who are ready to take on the most significant challenges of their careers and define energy infrastructure in North America.
Thank you for choosing TransCanada in your career search.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://jobs.transcanada.com/job/Calgary-Financial-Analyst-Co-op-Student-AB/451137300/?feedId=null&utm_source=J2WRSS&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=J2W_RSS →