Requisition Id: 22686
Department: Accounting Unit
Pembina Pipeline Corporation’s Calgary office is recruiting for a Manager, Financial Systems to join the team. This position reports to the Senior Manager, Assistant Controller in the Accounting Services Unit (ASU), part of Pembina’s Financial Services Division.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Providing strategic direction, governance, and overall guidance over the use of financial systems at Pembina;
- Maintenance and execution of various financial system initiatives for ASU;
- Execution of small finance related projects in a Project Management Role or larger projects in a finance stream lead role;
- Collaborate with Information Systems group to ensure we are aligned across Pembina on the design, implementation and use of Financial Systems;
- Team member on cross BU initiatives with leadership responsibilities within ASU;
- Develop, maintain, and deliver training to Pembina on Financial Systems;
- Regular review of changes to Financial Systems which include but are not limited to SAP FI, SAP CO, and BPC Modules. This includes the monitoring of general ledger accounts, cost center elements, cost center groups, profit centers, allocations/distributions/assessments for Business and Service Units, reporting hierarchies in SAP, financial statement versions, etc.;
- Managing various user roles and ensuring segregation of duties;
- Ensure SOX processes are followed regarding master data maintenance and any other relevant process. Execute quarterly SOX reviews;
- Manage SAP processes associated with the monthly reporting cycle including processing cost allocations, assessments, distributions, running reports and trial balances to identify any problems and ensuring the system is always in balance between the various Modules;
- Develop and implement processes and procedures that aid in data integrity;
- Liaising with Information Systems group when there are system changes and reporting needs within our Financial Systems;
- Provide support, manage test scripts, and complete testing upgrades and/or changes to SAP; and
- Fostering a team environment that values inclusion and diversity.
- 7 to 10 years’ experience within the Financial modules of SAP (FI/CO, BPC) (non- configuration role) and strong understanding of the integration points between Finance and other modules (MM, PM, PS, BPC);
- Experience working through project stages focusing on design, testing, data conversion, communication and post go live support are necessary;
- Previous experience with project management or strategic consulting would be a benefit; ability to manage small enhancement projects as well as a strategic roadmap;
- Accounting background with a designation would be preferred;
- Strong communication skills are necessary;
- Ability to lead a team in the execution of daily accounting responsibilities as well as enhancement activities;
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel coupled with strong skills in Word and other Microsoft applications;
- Strategic thinker with exceptional analytical skills;
- Thrives working in a fast paced, continually changing environment;
- A problem solver and quick learner that supports a growing organization under tight deadlines, working cooperatively with the team to generate superior results; and
- Energetic, positive, and motivated with a proven track record of continuous improvement.
Final candidate will be required to undergo a background check; including a criminal record check.
No agency calls please.
Pembina Pipeline Corporation is committed to diversity, equal opportunity and ensuring that our employees have the ability to thrive in an inclusive environment. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous status, national origin, age, disability or any other legally-protected factors. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request during the recruitment process.
For more than 65 years, Pembina has safely and reliably served North America’s energy industry, delivering oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids production to North American markets.
Powering Pembina’s growth are our smart, creative and energetic people who allow us to remain a disciplined and responsible energy transportation and service provider and a trusted member in our communities.
Our expectations are high and our rewards reflect this: We treat our people well – whether it’s through our compensation package, community engagement and volunteer opportunities, or our numerous social activities.
Pembina provides everything you could want in an employer. We are a proud recipient of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2018-2021), Alberta’s Top Employers (2014-2021), Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2019), and an Employer Partner of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion. We are also a strong supporter of Skills Canada.
To apply for this job please visit careers.pembina.com.