Gas Control Operator
Reference Code: 64441
Location: Canada (CA) – Airdrie, AB
Job Category: Operations
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is eligible for our domestic relocation program
Application Deadline: 11/25/2020
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
Reporting to the Manager of Gas Control, as the Gas Control Operator you will be part of an integrated team, working shift work in a consolidated 24-hour Control Centre. You will monitor and control the various facilities using state of the art Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems and other advanced analysis tools. Our priority is to ensure safe, reliable and cost-effective transportation on behalf of our customers.
What you’ll do
• Manage and execute daily operating plans and strategies
• Develop and recommend proven operating strategies for varying pipeline conditions, utilizing effective linepack management strategies and hydraulic evaluations
• Monitor and control gas compression, metering and remote valve facilities to ensure the required gas volumes, linepack and contract pressures are achieved daily
• Coordinate scheduled outage execution and proactively manipulate system linepack and facilities to minimize system impact and enable outage / maintenance completions
• Respond to alarms and events in accordance with the documented handling and reporting guidelines
• Analyze and respond to unscheduled facility outages, abnormal operating conditions and emergency situations
• Deliver sound, economically viable operational decisions for pipeline system utilization to assist in meeting targeted revenue opportunities
• Develop and maintain excellent customer service standards, confidentiality, and working relationships with shippers, producers, and connecting pipeline operators
• Must obtain qualified status as per the Gas Controller Development and Qualification Program within the prescribed timeframe
• High school diploma or equivalency (GED) is required
• Minimum four (4) years of related experience is required
• Consideration will be given to individuals with other combinations of education and technical experience
• Ability and willingness to work rotating 12-hour shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays
• Relevant post-secondary education (e.g. engineering technology) and/or technical training
• Control Room Operational experience
• Prior experience working an alternating day/night shift schedule
• Ability to create and maintain a positive work environment within a multifunctional team setting
• Ability to work effectively in a highly dynamic environment with changing priorities and time constraints
• Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences in dynamic and sometimes high-pressure situations
• Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office suite and SCADA system
• Strong analytical and technical abilities
• Fundamental knowledge of gas hydraulics and gas compression operation
• Knowledge of emergency management systems
• Knowledge of ISO 9000 based Quality Management Systems
*This position requires candidates to:
• Successfully complete pre-employment medical screening including drug and alcohol testing
• Successfully completes a security clearance/criminal record check
• Work out of the Airdrie and Calgary locations on a rotation
About our business
Our 93,330 km (57,900-mile) natural gas pipeline network is positioned in two of the most prolific and lowest cost basins in North America – the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin (WCSB) and the Appalachian Basin. Our systems are well placed to meet the continent’s growing demand for clean-burning natural gas by connecting the supply in these basins to important and growing markets across the continent. We supply more than 25 per cent of the clean-burning natural gas consumed daily across North America.
Apply to this posting by 11/25/2020 using reference code 64441. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.