Requisition Id: 22249
Department: Operations Function
Pembina Pipeline Corporation’s Duvernay/Waskahigan facility is recruiting for a Gas Plant Operator to join the team. This position reports to the Day Foreman, Operations in the Gas Services Business Unit (GBU), part of Pembina’s Facilities Division. The Gas Services Business Unit provides gas gathering, compression, shallow cut processing and both sweet and sour deep cut processing services for its customers, primarily on a fee-for-service basis under long-term contracts.
Summary of Responsibilities
This is a camp based position requiring the successful individual to stay in camp during the shift rotation (7 on, 7 off; 7 days, 7 nights; 12-hour shifts). As a Gas Plant Operator, you will be responsible for daily operations of the plant and field sites. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Start up, operate and shut down unit operations within the gas plant as well as the entire plant with expertise;
• Review, understand and fully utilize Pembina’s safety and operational procedures and standards in performing all facets of work;
• Ensure all safety documentation is completed for all personnel working in the facilities under operational care. This will include Safe Work Permits and Field Level Task Assessments;
• Clearly document facility operations in logbook reporting, daily production reports and reliability reporting;
• Lead and participate in commissioning and startup activities;
• Work with Pembina management, engineering firms and equipment vendors to develop a comprehensive set of procedures that will enable safe and reliable plant operation;
• Identify and troubleshoot process upsets, take proportional action to resolve issues;
• Call out maintenance for equipment repairs, ensure the priority level for repairs is communicated as required;
• Look for cost savings opportunities & relay to team during operations meetings;
• Incident reporting;
• Keep safety tickets up to date and coordinate required training;
• Contribute to a team environment that values inclusion and diversity;
• Work with a safety conscious attitude.
• Post-secondary education in the oil & gas industry is an asset;
• Preference will be given to those who have completed 3rd Class Power Engineering or Fired Process Heater competency;
• Minimum 5 years of Gas Processing experience is required;
• Equipment experience would include natural gas compression, refrigeration, and at a minimum shallow cut (de-ethanizer), Condensate stabilization and produced water injection;
• Familiar with all aspects of the operations and established procedures;
• Continual dedication to on-going training and development;
• Strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills;
• Ability to multi-task and maintain a flexible attitude to accommodate the variable duties of the position;
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s License;
• Working knowledge of MS Office applications; and
• Willingness to live in camp.
This position is considered “Safety Sensitive” so will require Pre-Employment Drug & Alcohol Testing. You may also be required to provide a Driver’s Abstract.
Final candidate will be required to undergo a background check; including a criminal record check.
No agency calls please.
Pembina Pipeline Corporation is committed to diversity, equal opportunity and ensuring that our employees have the ability to thrive in an inclusive environment. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous status, national origin, age, disability or any other legally-protected factors. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request during the recruitment process.
For more than 65 years, Pembina has safely and reliably served North America’s energy industry, delivering oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids production to North American markets.
Powering Pembina’s growth are our smart, creative and energetic people who allow us to remain a disciplined and responsible energy transportation and service provider and a trusted member in our communities.
Our expectations are high and our rewards reflect this: We treat our people well – whether it’s through our compensation package, community engagement and volunteer opportunities, or our numerous social activities.
Pembina provides everything you could want in an employer. We are a proud recipient of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2018-2021), Alberta’s Top Employers (2014-2021), Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2019), and an Employer Partner of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion. We are also a strong supporter of Skills Canada.
To apply for this job please visit careers.pembina.com.