Requisition Id: 24127
Department: Operations Function
Pembina Pipeline Corporation’s Younger facility located in Taylor, British Columbia is recruiting for a Gas Plant Operator to join the team on a permanent full-time basis. This position will report to the Foreman, Operations in the Gas Services Business Unit (GBU), part of Pembina’s Facilities division.The Gas Services Business Unit provides gas gathering, compression, shallow cut processing and both sweet and sour deep cut processing services for its customers, primarily on a fee-for-service basis under long-term contracts. As a Plant Operator, you will be responsible for daily operations of the Deep Cut Extraction Plant and storage/loading facilities. Some of the responsibilities includes but not limited to:
Summary of Responsibilities
- Start up, operate and shut down unit operations within the gas plant as well as the entire plant with expertise;
- Review, understand and fully utilize Pembina’s safety and operational procedures and standards in performing all facets of work;
- Ensure all safety documentation is completed for all personnel working in the facilities under operational care. This will include Safe Work Permits and Field Level Task Assessments;
- Clearly document facilities operation in log book reporting, daily production reports and reliability reporting;
- Lead and participate in commissioning and startup activities;
- Work with Pembina management, engineering firms and equipment vendors to develop a comprehensive set of procedures that will enable safe and reliable plant operation;
- Identify and troubleshoot process upsets, take proportional action to resolve issues;
- Call out maintenance for equipment repairs, ensure the priority level for repairs is communicated as required;
- Look for cost savings opportunities and relay them to the team during operations meetings;
- Incident reporting;
- Keep your safety tickets up to date and coordinating required training;
- Work with a safety conscious attitude; and
- Participate in a diverse and Inclusive work environment.
- Minimum of 10 or more years’ experience in gas plant operations. Post-secondary education in the oil & gas industry is an asset;
- 4th Class Power Engineer;
- Gas processing Operations certificate is considered an asset;
- Equipment experience would include gas compression, refrigeration, and at a minimum shallow cut (De-Ethanizer). Deep cut experience would be considered an asset;
- Familiar with all aspects of the operations and established procedures;
- Continual dedication to on-going training and development;
- Strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills;
- Strong mechanical background;
- Ability to multi-task and maintain a flexible attitude to accommodate the variable duties of the position; and
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications.
Final candidate will be required to undergo a background check; including a criminal record check.
No agency calls please.
Pembina Pipeline Corporation is committed to diversity, equal opportunity and ensuring that our employees have the ability to thrive in an inclusive environment. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous status, national origin, age, disability or any other legally-protected factors. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request during the recruitment process.
For more than 65 years, Pembina has safely and reliably served North America’s energy industry, delivering oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids production to North American markets.
Powering Pembina’s growth are our smart, creative and energetic people who allow us to remain a disciplined and responsible energy transportation and service provider and a trusted member in our communities.
Our expectations are high and our rewards reflect this: We treat our people well – whether it’s through our compensation package, community engagement and volunteer opportunities, or our numerous social activities.
Pembina provides everything you could want in an employer. We are a proud recipient of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2018-2021), Alberta’s Top Employers (2014-2021), Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2019), and an Employer Partner of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion. We are also a strong supporter of Skills Canada.
To apply for this job please visit careers.pembina.com.