STUDENT CO-OP/INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY: 8-12+ month term, starting May 2018.
Reporting to the Manager of the GIS Services group within the Pipe Integrity department, the successful candidate will work with other GIS professionals to manage and improve TransCanada GIS data, processes, and applications.
- Manage pipeline data in an online GIS data management tool;
- Perform Quality Assurance and Quality Control to ensure customer satisfaction and regulatory requirements are met;
- Perform ad-hoc GIS and Map requests;
- Support the improvement if standards, processes, procedures; prepare reports, scorecards and presentations;
- Research and interpret pipeline drawings and records;
- Investigate GIS data or application issues and apply problem solving techniques;
Communicate effectively with customers and stakeholders;
- Other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications and Education
- Must be enrolled in a co-op/internship program at a recognized post-secondary institution over the duration of the work term;
- Ability to work effectively with ESRI ArcGIS suite of products;
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong analytical skills with a pro-active approach to problem identification and resolution.
- Must be enrolled in a Bachelor of Applied Technology Program or Bachelor of Geomatics Engineering Program;
- Specialization in Geographic Information systems preferred;
- Preference will be given to those who can complete a 12 (or longer) month term;
- Experience in pipeline and/or right-of-way GIS data management is an asset.
*Depending on the qualifications of the applicants, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
All positions require background screening. Some include criminal and/or credit checks in order to comply with regulations.
Please apply to this posting by 01/26/2018. To apply, go to jobs.transcanada.com and enter reference code 46585. Only applications submitted through the TransCanada Careers website will be acknowledged.
TransCanada is an equal opportunity employer.
Make what you do matter.
At TransCanada we dream big, think big and do big things. For over 60 years, we've had the vision and scale to deliver big things that matter to the world. From supplying reliable and efficient energy to millions of North Americans with our pipelines, gas storage and power generation facilities, we believe in making big things possible.
TransCanada is looking for people who are willing to think about the future…and think big. We're looking for people who are ready to take on the most significant challenges of their careers and define energy infrastructure in North America.
Thank you for choosing TransCanada in your career search.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://jobs.transcanada.com/job/Calgary-GIS-Data-Management-Pipeline-Co-opInternship-Student-AB/451131300/?feedId=null&utm_source=J2WRSS&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=J2W_RSS →