POSITION Financial Reporting Analyst
REPORTING TO Financial Reporting Team Lead
LOCATION Calgary, Alberta
POSITION TYPE Full Time
POSTING DATE May 10, 2019
Hammerhead Resources Inc. (“HHR”) is a Calgary based private equity-backed exploration & production company. It is focused on the development and delineation of its >200,000 acre, contiguous asset base within the oil and liquid-rich windows of the Montney formation in Northwest Alberta. HHR has a significant inventory of economical well locations in the heart of one of the most economic plays in North America. Current production is approximately 28,000 boe per day.
HHR is seeking a high-performing finance professional to serve as the Financial Reporting Analyst. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for a highly motivated team player who will be working closely with the Financial Reporting Team Lead, Controller and broader executive team in an aggressive, fast paced environment.
The primary responsibilities for the Financial Reporting Analyst role include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and participate in month end processes;
- Prepare monthly accrual entries and account reconciliations;
- Assist in preparation of monthly Board and Management reports, including budget variance analysis;
- Assist in preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements and MD&A under IFRS;
- Prepare working papers to support the financial statement audits/reviews, and liaison with external auditors;
- Research technical accounting issues and monitor changes in IFRS;
- Monitor business processes and internal controls as the Company moves towards a C-SOX environment;
- Provide back-up support for responsibilities of the Financial Reporting Team Lead and Controller; and
- Assist with special and ad-hoc projects.
- Ability to adapt to change, adjust quickly to changing priorities and work within tight deadlines;
- Open and honest team player with a reliable commitment to seeing each task through to completion;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with high attention to detail;
- Proven ability to manage numerous deliverables and responsibilities;
- Self-driven with a positive attitude and desire for continuous learning; and
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with an accounting firm;
- Knowledge of the upstream oil and gas industry;
- Strong understanding of IFRS including newly implemented standards (IFRS 15/16/9);
- Experience working with internal controls within a SOX environment is an asset;
- Highly proficient working knowledge of MS Excel and Word; and
- Knowledge of Canadian corporate tax is an asset.
- Bachelor of Commerce Degree; and
- Successful completion of the CFE.
If your skills and experience match this position, please forward your cover letter and resume quoting Financial Reporting Analyst in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.