Health and Safety Manager Implementation, Safety Practices, Programs & System
Reference Code: 72246
Location: Canada (CA) – Calgary, AB
Job Category: Health, Safety, Environment
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is eligible for our domestic relocation program
Application Deadline: 08/11/2020
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
Reporting to the Director Health & Safety & Security, Coastal GasLink Pipeline Project, the Implementation Safety Manager is responsible for leading the application and continual improvement of effective occupational safety programs processes and systems for Coastal GasLink. This position is responsible for the delivery of occupational safety programs to mitigate significand safety risks related to project activity.
What you’ll do
• Develop and support new and continuous improvements to existing occupational health and safety programs, policies, processes and procedures
• Implement the Contractor Safety Management Practice and other programs/initiatives and associated reporting
• Lead a small team of professionals and practitioners to ensure contractor compliance with TC Energy and Industry Best Practices
• Actively represent TC Energy and Coastal GasLink recommendations and assess the potential impact of recommendations and decisions on TC Energy
• Keep abreast of emerging regulatory changes, industry trends and issues
• Identify, advise, and influence on the mitigation of the construction phase safety risks associated with facilities, processes, equipment and materials
• Work closely with peer managers, PMs, field safety specialists/coordinators, employees, and managers to impart the knowledge and skills necessary to recognize process and safety hazards and trends
• Work with various internal Directors and Program Managers and external subject matter experts and advisors and Communities
• Act as a mentor to others in conducting audits and investigations and trend reporting
• Liaise with business partners and other key stakeholders to resolve issues whose competing interest may conflict with each other and/or company policy
• Liaise with business partners, contractors, management, industry associations, and other external stakeholders to ensure TC Energy’s business needs are understood and met
• Act as an advocate on safety issues and recommend corporate strategies to improve the overall safety culture including active advocacy and participation in Coastal GasLink Pursuit of Excellence Program
• Provide safety support for Emergency Management situations
• Post-secondary degree in a safety related discipline (process safety engineering, occupational safety, etc.)
• Certification or accreditation in safety discipline (CRSP, CP, etc.) or recognized equivalent
• 10+ years of combined applicable academic training, certification and related experience
• Able to travel as required
• Strong technical expertise in the area of safety including process safety (design engineering, loss control management, hazard identification, incident investigations, emergency preparedness and response, safety management system)
• Training in the areas of investigations and audits
• Experience in the upstream and midstream oil and gas and/or power generating industry(s)
• Leadership experience, gained through either formal management roles or informal work direction/supervision
• High level of analytical ability and strategic thinking required to gather and evaluate complex information obtained from a variety of sources and to formulate recommendations, capable and experienced with establishing robust health, safety and environment reporting
• Ability to supervise and lead a small team of practitioners/professionals
• Ability to make decisions where only general policies and procedures are available requiring application of judgement and independent action
• Ability to interact at all levels of the organization and across the businesses
• Effective communication, writing and public speaking skills are essential
• The ability to conduct presentations to a variety of audiences
• Ability to mentor others and provide a positive influence others’ work through demonstration of technical expertise and effective interpersonal skills
• The ability to work / liaise with government regulators on emerging issues and influence regulatory change
This position requires candidates to:
• Have and maintain a valid Driver's License
• Provide a Driver's Abstract for review
• Successfully complete a pre-employment medical, including drug & alcohol screen
About our business
Approximately 670 kilometres, the Coastal GasLink (CGL) pipeline will safely deliver natural gas from the Western Canadian basin in northeast B.C., Dawson Creek area, to the proposed LNG Canada facility on the West Coast near Kitimat, B.C. There LNG Canada will prepare the natural gas for export to global markets by converting it to a liquefied state – also known as LNG.
Apply to this posting by 08/11/2020 using reference code 72246. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.