Vertex is currently accepting applications for a Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic in Alida, Saskatchewan. The Heavy-Duty Mechanic will maintain all repairs and maintenance of equipment; working on trucks / trailers, and other hauling equipment.
- Completion of Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanic Trade Certification
- Minimum 3 years’ experience within the transportation industry (apprentice journeyman welcome)
- Valid class 1 driver’s license and clean drivers’ abstract
- Demonstrate a commitment to environmental compliance and safe work practices
- Ability to perform duties in a safe and efficient manner
- Ability to work independently while managing time and productivity
- Must be in good health and physical condition to perform duties assigned
- Successful candidates will demonstrate integrity and reliability
- Must hold current and up to date First-aid and H2S alive safety training certificate
- Troubleshooting damaged industrial vehicles by inspecting hoses, fuel lines, fuel injector failure, coolant related issues, wiring and light problems, air leaks, clutch and transmission repairs, wheels, brake and steering components etc.
- Completing repairs or refurbishing damaged components of a vehicle such as transmissions and clutch replacements, alternators, steering components, air leaks/fittings, and brake shoes etc.
- Operating hand power tools such as impact wrenches, torque wrenches, and drills.
- Lifting and carrying hydraulic pumps, vehicle seats, hosing, brake pots, and links of chain.
- Completing “live” troubleshooting on damaged vehicles by operating them in order to identify the root cause of a malfunction.
- This position will be based out of Alida, SK
- Accommodations are available
- Compensation is commensurate with education and experience
- Excellent health and dental benefit package
- Versatile company culture that is ever expanding and growing
With a track record of success, Vertex provides a fast-paced environment where people thrive. We recognize that each member brings a valuable skillset to the Vertex team and we make health, safety and community well-being a priority by supporting numerous endeavors at each of our locations across North America.
At Vertex, we value teamwork through collaboration and provide support across the entire organization. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team, please apply.
*We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted*
To apply for this job please visit vertex.ca.