POSITION SUMMARY Under the guidance and direction of the site foreman or direct supervisor, the heavy equipment operator is responsible for operating heaving equipment in an efficient, safe and appropriate manner in order to minimize the risk of injury, property damage or loss of life while supporting construction activities. Employees are expected to support and participate in a “culture of safety”, and adhere to and be ambassadors of Strike’s Code of Conduct and Values, and to treat others with dignity, respect and fairness. CORE ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Experience working around live pipelines is an asset
- Perform other activities at construction sites, as directed
- Looking for Boom Hands, Dozer Hands, Hoe Hands and Grader Operators.
- Attends and participates in various meetings such as monthly safety meetings, pre-job and tailgate meetings
- Kirby South (camp provided) approximately 7 month project
- 14 days on 7 days off schedule (12 hours/day)
- Successful candidate must be double vaccinated
- Ground Disturbance Level 2
- First Aid & H2S
- Construction Safety Training System (CSTS) ticket
- Pipeline experience is required for this position
Knowledge & Skills
- Capable of working well on a team or individually
- Capable of following directions that are spoken or given by hand signals
- Detail oriented with a mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work outside in extreme weather
- Must be capable of getting to the designated job site
- Valid driver’s license
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
Applicants should apply with resumes/safety certificates. Thank you to all that apply, only those selected for interview will be contacted. Who we are Strike Group is a Canadian company with various locations across Alberta, BC, and Saskatchewan. Strike Group has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and in 2013 was awarded Contractor of the Year by Alberta Venture. At Strike we demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity and initiative and reward people for their commitment, energy, enthusiasm and results. We treat others as we wish to be treated and, most importantly, ensure that every employee goes home safe. Why work for us Strike encourages and supports professional development through education and mentorship. We offer comprehensive benefits, competitive wages, and opportunities for career growth. We support the communities where we live and the Strike team that makes those communities thrive.
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.