Horizon Drilling, a division of Western Energy Services Corp.
The Sr. Financial Analyst is located at the Calgary office reporting directly to the Assistant Controller. This position is responsible for all aspects of financial reporting, operational analysis, and budgeting and forecasting for the Drilling Finance group. In addition, the position assists with the preparation of documents and worksheets for tax compliance purposes. It is a position that liaises frequently with operations, marketing and other employees of the Drilling Finance group, as well as assists with communication with corporate finance personnel. The person in this role demonstrates a proactive approach and initiative when handling reporting and analytical activities to ensure that all tasks are handled efficiently, professionally and in a timely manner.
The Sr. Financial Analyst is energetic, polished, professional, and independent, with excellent interpersonal skills. This person must be highly organized, with excellent time management skills and strong attention to detail.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare the company’s accruals and prepaid schedules
- Prepare accounting entries and reconciliations of all inter-company transactions between Horizon Drilling, Stoneham Drilling, and their parent and affiliated companies
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations and analytical schedules
- Prepare the monthly and quarterly financial reporting packages for Horizon’s and Stoneham’s operations – IFRS financial statements, operational reports, KPI’s, Notes Workbooks, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly and quarterly commentary
- Prepare monthly budget and forecast variance analysis
- Prepare weekly cash forecasts
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll reconciliations
- Prepare GST, PST, state use tax, and Federal Excise Tax returns
- Assist in the preparation of income tax provisions and returns
- Assist in the management of TD4 compliance initiatives
- Assist in the preparation of daily and monthly bank reconciliations
- Liaise with external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual compliance audits
- Assist with the preparation of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts
- Work closely with the Assistant Controller to identify and implement process and system efficiencies
- Perform other duties as required
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working towards the completion of a recognized accounting program (CPA) an asset
- 2 – 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience in the oilfield services industry preferred
- Strong MS Office skills, including Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Advanced Excel skills required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics GP and Management Reporter not required, but would be considered an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly when dealing with operational and marketing personnel
- Strong time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision
- Professional, responsive, and positive work attitude is essential
Special Conditions of Employment
- Overtime may be required on occasion.
- Travel to field locations may be required on occasion.
To apply for this job please visit tre.tbe.taleo.net.