Horizon Drilling, a division of Western Energy Services Corp.
Reporting to the Personnel Manager, the Personnel Coordinator will be responsible for assisting in the day to day operations of the Personnel Department. The Personnel Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to ensure smooth crew mobilization and maintain all manpower requirements, as well as being responsible for any administrative tasks required. The successful candidate will have the ability to remain highly confidential, reliable and handle multiple projects while contributing to the goal of delivering consistently positive experiences and outstanding customer service to their clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure rigs are fully crewed with stable and qualified employees by selecting candidates from internal/external labor pools based on position and “fit” for each open position required.
- Spread employee awareness and fully coordinate the employee referral and redeployment programs.
- Work closely with the Personnel Manager and Rig Managers on a regular basis to pro-actively identify future hiring needs.
- Support the Personnel Manager with the interviewing process as required.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the company’s business and culture to help candidates fully comprehend and embrace the career opportunity and to ensure talent identified is aligned with the right opportunities based on business demands and candidate preference.
- Play a key role in the full-cycle recruiting process (intake, postings, sourcing, referrals, screening, interviews, offers, and onboarding).
- Work closely with new hires and rehires to ensure that pre-access drug testing and onboarding requirements are met prior to mobilizing the new hire to site; where applicable.
- Ensure all hiring paperwork is accurately completed and enter new hires into the HRIS and eCompliance systems in an accurate and timely manner.
- Obtain information on licenses and certifications for field employees and maintain in HRIS system.
- Responsible for full onboarding of new and rehires, including new hire packages, tickets, fit test, new hire orientations, client orientations, policy discussion,
- Responsible for full offboarding of Horizon employees, as required, including leading exit interviews, data analysis, relaying to HR, etc.
- Attract candidates using various sources, such as social media, job boards, and other professional networks to recruit active and passive candidates for current positions and build talent pipelines for future opportunities.
- Book all training requests, obtain copies of all tickets and make sure that every working rig is 100% compliant with Horizon’s training matrix and client orientation requests.
- Provide monthly training reports for all active rigs and schedule current employees for any training when and where needed.
- Be Horizon’s subject matter expert on the use of the applicant tracking system, Taleo
- Maintain up to date emergency contact information in employee files and on the HRIS system
- Act as a point of contact and build influential candidate relationships during the selection process while promoting Horizon’s reputation as “best place to work”.
- Ensure compliance to company policies and procedures, professional standards and applicable laws and regulations.
- Attend project kick off meetings and support the Personnel Manager in preparation, as required.
- Maintain Horizon Drilling’s social media accounts and ensure regular posts for attracting new employees.
- Complete ongoing after hours/on call schedule for 7 day, 24 hour rotations throughout the year for deployment, employee issues and emergencies
- Track and maintain weekly crew changes, terminations, transfers, holidays, LOAs for all rigs.
- First point of contact answering employee requests, day to day questions, and questions regarding benefits, RRSP, leaves, etc.
- Track and coordinate relief for employees working additional time to ensure compliance with labor codes (work/rest periods)
- Advise the Operations team on Horizon’s performance review and termination policies, and processes.
- Advise corresponding Field Superintendent and Personnel Manager in a timely manor of major issues/concerns out of the norm.
- Other tasks as required.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 5 years of direct coordinating and recruitment industry/oilfield service experience
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Excellent selection, screening and interviewing techniques
- Basic knowledge of relevant Human Rights and Employment laws and best practices
- Effective at planning and prioritizing
- Innovative thinker, able to use work under pressure
- Strong research and networking skills
- Able to work in a results focused environment
- Exceptional conflict resolution, negotiation, and objection handling skills
- Able to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment
Special Conditions of Employment
- Ability to work flexible hours and be on-call as required.
- Overtime may be required on occasion, based on activity levels.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.