Reporting to the Director, HSSE, the HSSE Supervisor is responsible for coordinating safety and emergency response activities at the MacKay River (MR) SAGD facility. The HSSE Supervisor will be a visible and respected HSSE leader who promotes a strong safety and environmental culture by providing advice, support and guidance regarding Health and Safety, Security and Emergency Response issues at the site.
This position is based out of the PetroChina Canada (PCC) MacKay River Facility.
This position is a “fly in / fly out” rotation and is based at the MacKay River Facility, which is a remote site located approximately 85 KM’s NW of Fort McMurray and is approximately a 1.5 hour drive to site. Air and shuttle transportation is provided from our designated hubs. Camp accommodations are provided. Rotation and Schedule to be determined.
· Responsible for providing functional leadership in health and safety and emergency response at site.
· Guide and coach the site personnel and leadership in the effective implementation of HS and ER programs.
· Be the main site focal point for emergency response including providing coaching and training in the incident Command System (ICS) and the Corporate Emergency Response Plan (ERP)
· Provide expert H&S advice and guidance to MRCP facility.
· Coordinate the development, implementation and on-going maintenance of MRCP specific HS management system elements and processes to meet regulatory and PCC requirements.
· Prepare, track and report on objectives and targets, annual plans and performance measures.
· Coordinate compliance processes to all HS regulatory requirements.
· Manage MRCP HSSE audits and inspections.
· Act as the site incident reporting focal point and first line gatekeeper providing training and quality control on the (WITS) incident reporting system as well as support or lead investigations and
root cause analysis of higher severity incidents.
· Guide site HS training and manage health and safety communication (e.g. safety stand downs, turnaround communications of HSSE issues and initiatives).
· Lead the MRCP Joint HSE Committee.
· Lead the MRCP behavioural observation process.
· Lead MRCP Health and Safety interaction with Contractors and support additional projects as required.
· Develop and execute turnaround HSSE plans.
· Support MRCP Emergency Response team in a team lead role and be the primary medical response attendant during daily operations.
· Coordinate site health and safety interface with construction and local drilling and completions activities.
· Assist stakeholder affairs in issues related to HSE and emergency response.
· Site security focal point and ensuring MRCP is meeting PCC security requirements.
· Member of the on-site Mackay River Facility Leadership Team.
· Will work with local line leaders for continued improvements in HSSE performance.
· Provide functional HSSE leadership to suppliers engaged at MRCP.
· Monitor Supplier HSE Management at the MRCP facility.
· Champion the implementation of the PCC HSSE MS.
· Ensure the quality of the Safe Work Practices at the site and assist as needed in safe work planning.
· Supervise over contract safety personnel during winter drilling programs, special projects and major turnaround activity.
· Other tasks as required by leader.
· Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety an asset
· CRSP designation preferred
· 10 years’ experience in a Health and Safety role
· 4 years’ experience in field operations preferred (Operations includes both operating and/or maintenance activities within an operation oil and gas facility)
· General understanding of operational environmental reporting an asset
· Experience in both drilling / completions and well workovers an asset
· Proven track record of success in customer relations and consultation
· Evidence of exceptional leadership skills and ability to influence and work within informal teams
· Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work well with diverse personalities and work force
· Ability to forge, grow and maintain positive relationships with multiple groups
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Sense of urgency and able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet the time demands of unpredictable activities; capable of handling pressure and challenges in a dynamic
· Ability to work within tight deadlines and prioritization of work to achieve them
· Adoption and demonstration of PCC Values (Honorable, Unified, Passionate, Accountable)
We thank you for your interest in PetroChina Canada and remind candidates that only successful applicants will be contacted. We would also like to encourage local applicants from the Fort McMurray region to apply.
To apply for this job please visit petrochinacanada.startdate.ca.