i3 Energy Canada Ltd. (“i3”) is a subsidiary of i3 Energy plc (https://i3.energy/), a UK company trading on the UK. AIM Market (symbol I3E) and CDN. TSX Exchange (symbol ITE). i3 has its head office located in Calgary, Alberta and has oil and gas assets primarily in Alberta.
Hiring Accounts Payable/Treasury Specialist:
i3 is looking for a permanent, full-time Accounts Payable/Treasury Specialist to join its Calgary head office team. The ideal candidate will be able to perform full cycle accounts payable and treasury duties. A summary of main duties includes, but is not limited to, managing and processing of operated invoices for payment using OpenInvoice system; generating monthly cheque run/EFT payments for all departments using Qbyte FM and Cheque Master software; verifying and investigating any discrepancies by reconciling vendor accounts; processing monthly deposits and daily banking transactions, including monthly bank reconciliations and communicating effectively with internal/external stakeholders.
Accounts Payable Responsibilities:
– Liaise with field personnel to manage and process operated invoices, understanding invoice coding requirements, approval limits/authority levels and invoice flow within the OpenInvoice system. – Assist in providing credit application requests from vendors.
– Set up and record monthly account clearing entries to allocate costs from certain invoices over various operating areas.
– Verify and investigate any discrepancies, by reconciling vendor accounts and recording of any journal entries in Qbyte FM.
– Update vendor master files to record new, or changes to, vendor information, such as vendor names and vendor banking information. Also update and manage vendor pre-authorized debit information.
– Responsible for processing cheque runs/wire payments for all departments and ensure timely payments.
– Review and post Qbyte FM entries created by colleagues to comply with internal controls procedures.
– Highly involved in coordinating, investigating and troubleshooting.
– Process and reconcile daily banking transactions, including recording deposits, monthly revenues and wire payments.
– Complete monthly bank reconciliations.
– Minimum of 3 – 5 years of related oil & gas experience.
– Pursuing an Accounting designation.
– In depth knowledge of OpenInvoice and Qbyte FM systems.
– Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
– Accurate, detail oriented, with the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
– Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with various stakeholders.
– Ability to think critically and problem solve.
– Able to adapt quickly in a dynamic and changing environment.
While we sincerely appreciate every application received, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.