i3 Energy Canada Ltd.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Title: Development Engineer
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Reports to: COO
Start date: November, 2023
i3 Energy Canada Ltd. (“i3”) is a subsidiary of i3 Energy plc (https://i3.energy), a UK company trading on both the UK AIM Market (symbol I3E) and TSX Exchange (symbol ITE). i3 Energy Canada Ltd. has its head office located in Calgary, Alberta and has oil and gas assets located in BC and Alberta.
Growth oriented i3 Energy Canada Ltd. is seeking a dynamic and energetic individual to fulfill the responsibilities of Development Engineer reporting to the COO.
The Development Engineer will be responsible for all activities related to growing and maximizing the value of i3’s Southern Business Unit. In addition, the role will provide hands-on assistance on a number of multi-disciplinary teams consisting of: geology, geophysics, finance/accounting, facility, D&C, land and field staff. The position will also be responsible for identifying growth opportunities on developed and undeveloped land and support the team’s evaluation in capturing resource targets via crown land sales, farm-ins and asset or corporate acquisitions. The engineer will be accountable for managing all aspects of the budget and long-range plan for these assets.
- Subsurface characterization of the land base to identify opportunities to improve recovery and increase NPV of the asset through technical evaluation including: RTA, decline analysis, well spacing evaluation, type curve generation, risk and uncertainty management, basic log interpretation, in place resource assessment, and liquid yield estimation
- Identify and propose ways to improve NPV of the assets through collaboration with Drilling, Completions, Facilities, Production, Field Operations, Geoscientists, Joint Ventures and Marketing
- Multi-disciplinary collaboration with the GG&E team to identify, assess, and evaluate economics and purpose development of M&A opportunities including: acquisitions, landsales, swaps, farm-ins, new zone appraisals and divestitures
- Evaluate and optimize the appraisal and development strategies for new exploration assets
- Construction of the annual budget, quarterly production forecasting and associated capital tracking to monitor actual performance versus budget while communicating and managing risks, opportunities and deviations to the plan
- Lead the reserves process as the single point of contact for the 3rd party auditors to ensure accurate, comprehensive and timely completion of the asset reserve report
- Update of the long-range plan detailing categorized workovers, well inventory, type curves, DCET costs, well schedules, facility and other capital, operating costs, transportation and offsets, as well as depletion planning
- Collaborate with Joint Venture and Marketing to ensure long term access to profitable gas processing and take away is in place and aligned with future development activity
- Build and maintain an inventory of execution ready locations through the Scout and Survey process, ensuring timely completion of H2S Assessments, RTDs, Geohazard meetings, and prospect reviews
- Work in partnership with D&C to efficiently design and execute the D&C operations including frac design, frac spacing, and completion technology
- Work in partnership with Facilities to efficiently design and execute the Equip and Tie-in operations including wellsite design and infrastructure planning
- Complete look backs of capital programs; make recommendations to improve well performance and reduce capital
- Build & maintain relationships with competitor companies, monitor and influence non-op activity
- Work closely with land to evaluate and make recommendations on expires
- Participate in Production/Operations well reviews to identify opportunities to reduce costs, increase production, reduce downtime and increase cash flows
- Evaluation of optimization opportunities including compression installation and debottlenecking
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Experience & Skills
- Minimum of 10 years’ Experience
- Detailed understanding of geologic concepts in relation to Exploitation & Reservoir Engineering
- Good working understanding of Facilities and Production Engineering concepts
- Additional time spent in cross-disciplinary roles would be a strong asset
- Must be able to work collaboratively in large, multi-disciplinary teams
- Detail oriented, logic-based decision making, critical thinking, adaptable to change, able to manage multiple priorities
- Possess the ability to think creatively with ‘outside-the-box’ thinking and can create ideas and ultimately value that others may have missed
- Software experience in Geoscout, ValNav, Prodman, Excel, Power BI and Data Analytics, PowerPoint
- Bachelor Science in Engineering
- APEGA Member
Please send a cover letter, and resume to email@example.com– Subject: Development Engineer
i3 Energy Canada Ltd. thanks all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.