i3 Energy Canada Ltd.
i3 Energy Canada Ltd. (“i3”) is a subsidiary of i3 Energy plc (https://i3.energy), a UK company trading on both the UK AIM Market (symbol I3E) and TSX Exchange (symbol ITE). i3 Energy Canada Ltd. has its head office located in Calgary, Alberta and has oil and gas assets located in BC and Alberta.
Hiring Senior Operations Accountant:
i3 is looking for a permanent, full-time Senior Operations Accountant to join its Calgary head office team. The ideal candidate will possess a strong knowledge of upstream oil and gas industry accounting and possess excellent analytical, reconciliation, and technology skills. You will have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment individually as well as in a team. You will also have the confidence to identifying opportunities for business process or operational improvements and the skills to implement any improvements.
Senior Operations Accountant Responsibilities:
- Analyze monthly revenues, royalty and operating expenses and capital expenditures for accuracy and completeness and prepare monthly accruals as necessary.
- Manage discrepancies using investigation, analysis and interpretation tools and derive an appropriate plan of action.
- Interact with operations team throughout the accrual process.
- Communicate results and disseminate to appropriate stakeholders for review and sign off.
- Prepare general ledger journal entries as needed for monthly, quarterly and annual requirements.
- Assist in the monthly reporting and analysis of operational results including detailed variance reviews.
- Generate operational reports, in a timely and accurate manner, to a variety of stakeholders in the organization.
- Other tasks and responsibilities required to complete the monthly financial reporting package
- Be a service of accounting information to other staff and operations in the organization.
- Assist the Joint Venture department by generating operational reports relating to equalizations, 13th month adjustments and assurance work around processing fees for operated and non-operated facilities.
- Create, review, and analyze Interim and Final Statement of Adjustments relating to acquisitions and dispositions and help coordinate the recording of the adjustments.
- Support the budgeting, forecasting and year end reserve process, by running various operational reports.
- Assist with the interim and year-end audit by preparing audit schedules, providing information at auditor’s request, providing explanation of variances, etc.
- Key player in the design and implementation of internal controls over the monthly, revenue, royalty and operating expense and capital expenditure cycles.
- 10+ years of related oil and gas experience.
- Undergraduate degree in Commerce, Management or Business with a major in Accounting
- Professional Accounting Designation
- In depth knowledge of Qbyte FM system, including Optix.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Accurate, detail oriented, with the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with various stakeholders.
- Ability to think critically and problem solve.
- Able to adapt quickly in a dynamic and changing environment.
i3 Energy Canada Ltd. thanks all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.