i3 Energy Canada Ltd.
i3 Energy Canada Ltd. (“i3”) is a subsidiary of i3 Energy plc (https://i3.energy), a UK company trading on both the UK AIM Market (symbol I3E) and TSX Exchange (symbol ITE). i3 Energy Canada Ltd. has its head office located in Calgary, Alberta and has oil and gas assets located in BC and Alberta.
Hiring Senior Operations Analyst:
i3 is looking for a permanent, full-time Senior Operations Analyst to join its Calgary head office team. The ideal candidate will possess a strong knowledge of upstream oil and gas industry accounting and have excellent analytical, reconciliation, and technology skills, especially in Excel. You will have the ability to work individually as well as in a team in a fast-paced environment. After identifying opportunities for business process or operational improvements, you will have the confidence to initiate implementation of such improvements.
Senior Operations Analyst Responsibilities:
- Manage and analyze monthly revenue, royalty and operating expenses for accuracy and completeness and prepare monthly revenue and operating accruals as necessary.·
- Manage discrepancies using investigation, analysis and interpretation tools and derive an appropriate plan of action.
- Interact with operations team throughout the accrual process.
- Communicate results and disseminate to appropriate stakeholders for review and sign off.
- Prepare general ledger journal entries as needed for monthly, quarterly and annual requirements.
- Assist in the monthly reporting and analysis of operational results including detailed variance reviews.
- Generate operational reports, in a timely and accurate manner, to a variety of stakeholders in the organization.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as required to complete the monthly financial reporting package.
- Be a service of accounting information to other staff and operations in the organization.
- Assist the Joint Venture department by generating operational reports relating to equalizations, 13th month adjustments and assurance work around processing fees for operated and non-operated facilities.
- Prepare, organize and disseminate operated payout statements.
- Create, review, and analyze Interim and Final Statement of Adjustments relating to acquisitions and dispositions and help coordinate the recording of the adjustments.
- Support the budgeting, forecasting and year end reserve process, by running various operational reports.
- Assist with the interim and year-end audit by preparing audit schedules, providing information at auditor’s request, providing explanation of variances, etc.
- Key player in the design and implementation of internal controls over the monthly revenue, royalty and operating expense cycles.
- 10+ years of related Oil & Gas experience.
- Undergraduate degree in Commerce, Management or Business with a major in Accounting.
- Professional Accounting Designation.
- In-depth knowledge of OpenInvoice, EnergyLink and Qbyte FM & OPTIX systems.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Accurate, detail oriented, with the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with various stakeholders.
- Ability to think critically and problem solve.
- Able to adapt quickly in a dynamic and changing environment.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org– Subject: Senior Operations Analyst
i3 Energy Canada Ltd. thanks all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.