Location: Hay River, NT, CA
As a Terminal Superintendent within the Midstream, you will be responsible for the ongoing safety, reliability, and performance of fuel terminals and pipelines operations. The Terminal Superintendent role is a first line leadership position, with direct reports including Terminal Operations and Maintenance staff. This role is for the Hay River Terminal. This asset is a key supply point for the NWT, it is rail supplied site with a dock and truck rack used to ship product.
Typical tasks and components of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Lead and foster group safety culture and safety programs
- Spend significant time in the field operations interacting with staff, contractor personnel and third party carriers/drivers, completing work observations and safety reviews
- Support and implement new initiatives from the central Imperial Oil organization
- Review and apply critical thinking to operations repair, maintenance, and project plans
- Engage with organizational leadership through site visits, meetings, and networking sessions
- Interact with customers, carriers, and truck drivers displaying a fair, safe, and customer focused approach
- Support and develop a dynamic staff of operators, and tradesman with a team cohesion and career focused approach
- Effectively manage system, equipment, and organizational change to minimize disruptions and meet safety standards and expectations
- Make staffing decisions and manage human resources to broaden and strengthen the organization based on business needs
- Plan and organize a portfolio of maintenance, repair, and operational upgrade activities
- Apply risk management principles in addressing safety, regulatory, and operational integrity improvement opportunities
- Maintain facility product quality standards consistent with Imperial’s fuels expectations
- Manage overall budget and make funding decisions for operational activities
- Plan and lead site emergency response drills and activities
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Science, Engineering, or Business program from an accredited university or Technical College diploma would be considered an asset.
- High School diploma or equivalent is a minimum requirement.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and safe driving records.
- This position is designated as Safety Sensitive under the company’s Alcohol & Drug policy and will require successful pre-employment certification process.
- The ability to relocate to Hay River will be considered an asset
- Minimum five years of relevant petroleum industry experience required
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills
- Knowledge of fuel terminals with rail, marine and truck rack operations is an asset
- Past supervisory and operations experience are assets
- Ability to work overtime hours as necessary
- Ability to consistently lead safe work practices and enthusiastically contribute to a safe work culture.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel
Start date: August 2019
A company committed to career growth – we recruit those who are interested in a career with Imperial and prefer to develop and promote people from within. Our career management process means that you will likely perform a number of unique, challenging roles during your career.
Successful networking and mentoring programs – enables you to spend time with managers from across the organization to learn about other departments and opportunities. Also allows you to connect with peers at a similar experience level.
Commitment to safety, ethics & continuous improvement – these standards are the reason Imperial is an industry leader. You will work for a company that upholds safety and ethics ideals and continues to seek out ways to improve.
Exceptional benefits program – includes competitive savings, retirement, and healthcare plans that you can customize to meet your individual needs. A comprehensive relocation package is provided, if required. Educational and physical fitness financial assistance programs round out our benefits package.
Competitive vacation package.
Continuous learning environment – encourages you to augment your skills and capabilities.
If you are talented, driven, and want to make meaningful contributions that really impact environmental, safety and bottom line objectives, then you owe it to yourself to apply with Imperial.
Who we are
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial offers exciting opportunities across our upstream, downstream and chemical, and corporate divisions. We are committed to high standards, applying technology and innovation to meet energy demands in a safe, reliable and environmentally sound manner. No matter what your career path, we provide the platform to elevate your goals and achieve your ambitions, while providing support through wide-ranging programs and benefits.
For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
All applicants who receive an offer of employment must be eligible to work in Canada on their start date. Proof of eligibility shall be in the form of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, Canadian certificate of permanent residence, Canadian open work permit or receipt from Immigration Canada of an application for a post-graduate work permit . Proof of eligibility must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility will be required if an offer of employment is made. Failure to provide proof of eligibility at least six (6) weeks prior to the start date may result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
Application deadline: July 2, 2019
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals.
In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.exxonmobil.com.