Maintenance Mechanical Technician
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Winnipeg Terminal is a pipeline-supplied, truck/rail loading and unloading facility essential to the distribution of refined gasoline, distillate, and aviation fuels in Manitoba and surrounding areas.
The primary responsibility of this role is to perform duties as a Maintenance Mechanical Technician. Although it is not mandatory that applicants possess a valid Journeyperson Millwright license, preference may be given to licensed journeyperson millwright applicants who have proven competency in troubleshooting, preventative maintenance and repairs to equipment.
As a Maintenance Mechanical Technician in Manitoba Operations, you will be performing or coordinating all functions relating to maintenance and installation of pipeline and fuel terminal equipment, repairs to existing equipment, and protecting the operations from pipeline and terminal interruptions, ensuring safety, reliability of equipment and supply / delivery systems, security, environmental protection, product quality and business control, consistent with operational excellence. Specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Inspect, maintain, repair, and replace terminal truck and train load rack equipment, including load arms, meters, strainers, filters, valves, underground/above ground storage tanks and piping.
Inspect, maintain, and repair or replace pipeline valves, mainline/booster pumps, motors and safety equipment
- Work with site electrical/instrumentation technicians to complete corrective and preventative maintenance activities on instrumentation and metering components
- Develop detailed work plans outlining repair activities and strategies, and execute the plans in a safe and efficient manner
- Develop, plan, and execute preventative maintenance schedules for terminal and pipeline equipment
Complete critical test procedures on valve and instrumentation equipment
- Support rigging and crane lift activities
- Interface with Imperial’s engineering and project departments as a site contact for upcoming terminal and pipeline projects
- Troubleshoot equipment failures; recommend improvements for reliability problems and site operational opportunities
- Troubleshoot and execute cross-trade activities based on level of knowledge and experience
- Scope, assess, and select equipment and components for site mechanical activities
- Maintain equipment inspection, maintenance, and repair documentation
- Conduct maintenance activities related to the Winnipeg Pipeline at the Gretna terminal and pipeline stations as required
- Provide Emergency Response as required
- Work in a manner that improves and enhances teamwork, plant organization and efficiency, conducting all business in a professional and ethical manner, communicating in a clear and timely fashion and providing accurate information and records.
- May be required to supervise contract workforce and ensure that other site users (drivers, associates, etc.) and contractors comply with the requirements
- Be involved in an on-call rotation schedule with other members of the terminal operations and maintenance staff
- Working a Monday to Friday schedule, you’ll have the opportunity to interact with and learn from various groups within Canada Fuels Operations including pipeline integrity, supply groups, the terminal operations support group, engineering & projects group, and other fuel terminals.
- High school diploma or equivalent is mandatory.
Post-secondary training as a millwright is preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record are required for this position
- Knowledge and experience in terminal / pipeline operations, maintenance and problem solving, and customer service are considered assets for the role
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Knowledge and skills with computer applications
- Able to meet the essential physical demands of the position as per job demands analysis
- Strong mechanical aptitude and skills
- Ability to consistently follow safe work practices, basic maintenance procedures and enthusiastically contribute to a safe work culture
- Experience and knowledge in work permitting and energy isolation / lockout / tag-out processes
- Willingness to work overtime as required
- Able to work individually as well as in a team situation with minimal supervision
Location: Winnipeg OR Gretna Terminal
- A company committed to career growth – we recruit those who are interested in a career with Imperial and prefer to develop and promote people from within. Our career management process means that you will likely perform a number of unique, challenging roles during your career.
- Successful networking and mentoring programs – enables you to spend time with managers from across the organization to learn about other departments and opportunities. Also allows you to connect with peers at a similar experience level.
- Commitment to safety, ethics & continuous improvement – these standards are the reason Imperial is an industry leader. You will work for a company that upholds safety and ethics ideals and continues to seek out ways to improve.
- Exceptional benefits program – includes competitive savings, retirement, and healthcare plans that you can customize to meet your individual needs. Educational and physical fitness financial assistance programs round out our benefits package.
- Competitive vacation package.
- Continuous learning environment – encourages you to augment your skills and capabilities.
- If you are talented, driven, and want to make meaningful contributions that really impact environmental, safety and bottom line objectives, then you owe it to yourself to apply with Imperial.
Who we are
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial offers exciting opportunities across our upstream, downstream and chemical, and corporate divisions. We are committed to high standards, applying technology and innovation to meet energy demands in a safe, reliable and environmentally sound manner. No matter what your career path, we provide the platform to elevate your goals and achieve your ambitions, while providing support through wide-ranging programs and benefits.
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
All applicants who receive an offer of employment must be eligible to work in Canada on their start date. Proof of eligibility shall be in the form of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, Canadian certificate of permanent residence, Canadian open work permit or receipt from Immigration Canada of an application for a post-graduate work permit . Proof of eligibility must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility will be required if an offer of employment is made. Failure to provide proof of eligibility at least six (6) weeks prior to the start date may result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
Application deadline: June 23, 2019
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals.
In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.exxonmobil.com.