POSITION SUMMARY Strike is currently looking for a field Sandblaster/Coater. The Sandblaster/Coater role will be blasting and coating at various project sites on piping and structural steel. PROJECT DETAILS
- 14 days on & 7 days off shift schedule (10.5 hours a day) camp based position with a “Daily Live Out Allowance” (LOA) provided
- Work site located Hidden Lake, Alberta located approximately 2.5 – 3 hours from Manning, AB
- Strike will provide bussing from Crossfield & Edmonton and bussing daily from camp to site.
- Travel allowance will be paid once per shift.
- Blasting/painting/coating material to the required specifications
- Troubleshooting issues with field sandblast unit, compressor, blastpot, hose etc.
- Select appropriate coating and mix as per manufacturers specifications
- Testing the atmosphere and paint/coating thicknesses and filling out the required documentation
- Holiday testing when required and filling out the proper documentation
- Completing jobs in a timely manner meeting set deadlines
- Driving to and from various sites in a company vehicle
- Coordinate with onsite client representatives
- Working safely and maintaining a clean working environment
- Clean equipment and perform routine maintenance
- 2+ years of directly related work experience operating various types of equipment
- NACE Level 1 or 2 is preferred
- High School Diploma required.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license is required
- Knowledgeable in conventional and airless spray applications area
- Able to provide a negative pre-employment drug and alcohol test
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- You are safety focused when it comes to people and equipment
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Experience with trouble shooting issues in the field
- Ability to work well in both independent and team environments and manage multiple tasks while working under minimal supervision
Why work for Strike: Based in Western Canada with a head office in Calgary, Alberta, we provide energy and industrial construction and maintenance services across the largest geographical area in Canada. At Strike we continuously demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity, and initiative. This has been shown through the recognition of being named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and then later recognized at Platinum Level for Canada’s Best Managed Companies distinction since 2018. Our team is comprised of loyal, supportive, and forward-thinking industry professionals. We foster a stable, safe, and community-minded environment where you can embrace professional development and maximize your upward mobility. At Strike we also reward our own people for their continuous commitment, energy, enthusiasm, and results. Our culture at Strike is highly important to us, which is why we make many efforts to support those employed at Strike. Strike’s main value is that every employee gets home safe. We are a safety focused company that allows our employees to work efficiently with the safest equipment and procedures. At Strike, we have created a community that supports the importance of physical and mental health. As we value the importance of treating others as we wish to be treated, Strike has a welcoming and inclusive team. Strike Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Join our fast-growing company with a small business feel.
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.