Information Services (IS) – Graduate Opportunities
Reference Code: 72243
Location: Canada (CA) – Calgary, AB
Job Category: Communications/Marketing; Information Technology/Systems
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is eligible for our domestic relocation program
Application Deadline: 10/31/2020
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
The energy industry is primed for digital disruption, and we’re excited about the opportunities ahead. We are leading the digital transformation journey by unlocking creativity and innovation in new ways, every day. If you're ready to challenge the status quo to deliver outstanding business results that propel us into the future, we want you to join our team! Our Information Services team is evolving to play a major role in leading innovation in our industry and to meet the needs of our growing business.
The Information Services department has two openings for individuals who are outcome obsessed, always on, and most-importantly, are passionate about developing a career in Information Services. These roles are due to start in May 2021.
Junior employees in Information Services could spend time in the following areas:
- Cyber Security Office
- Digital Research & Development (R&D)
- Corporate IT Services (includes Legal, HR, CFO, Supply Chain, Construction & Maintenance, Marketing & Communications, Land, Environment, Indigenous Relations, etc.)
- Business Unit IT Services (Gas, Liquids, Power & Storage)
- Field & End-user Services
You’ll obtain a broad understanding of TC Energy’s Information Services department, while creating value business partners, all while getting hands-on experience and building a rewarding career.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with team members, leaders, and other Information Services functions to support business objectives and goals
- Identify opportunities for automation and present recommendations for leadership review
- Be part of high-performing teams to deliver on innovative solutions
- Participate in low-fidelity prototype creation and design workshops
- Be challenged and supported to work differently to complete daily tasks
- Explore new technologies that may streamline business process or reduce costs
- Must be on track to complete a Bachelor of Commerce degree, Bachelor of Engineering degree (preference for Software or Computer disciplines) or Bachelor of Science degree (major/minor in Computer Science) by Spring 2021
- Up to a maximum of two years of professional discipline-related work experience, not including co-op or internship work terms
- Exhibit a safety mindset, in a professional and personal setting
- Strong business acumen and ability to apply skills in a commercial environment
- Legally entitled to work in Canada by way of Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency or a valid work permit
- Knowledge of and/or experience in the oil and gas sector, and especially pipeline industry, is considered an asset
- Aptitude for development of leadership, management and decision-making skills are an asset
- Ability to work effectively in a highly dynamic environment with changing priorities under tight time constraints
- Demonstrated analytical skills and problem-solving capability
- Strong presentation, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Team player with the ability to collaborate and interact with other groups
- Resilient and self-motivated
- Passion for excellence, backed by a track record of accountability and integrity
- Flexible, self-reflective and adaptable to change
About our business
TC Energy (formerly TransCanada) is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Apply to this posting by 10/31/2020 using reference code 72243 . You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Use a desktop or laptop computer to avoid system errors.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to province employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.