Innovation Advisor – Business Planning & Enablement
Reference Code: 97942
Location: Canada (CA) – Calgary, AB
Job Category: Information Technology/Systems
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
Application Deadline: 01/28/2022
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
To remain competitive, support our high-performance culture and allow for more flexibility in the way we work, we offer a hybrid work model and flexible dress code for our eligible office-based workforce in Canada.
Our Canada Gas Business Planning team is evolving to meet the needs of our growing business and we are expanding to support our industry leading innovation capability.
We are seeking a high energy Innovation Advisor who has knowledge and experience in leading successful execution of cross-functional, collaborative innovation projects. You will have proven skills, competencies and ability to assist senior leaders with development of multiyear goals and targets. You will lead identification of portfolio of high value improvement and innovation opportunities against long term targets, cross reference them against activities in other business units and manage/support execution. You will play a pivotal role in ensuring effective delivery of the innovation portfolio, promoting and fostering a culture of innovation, and helping to build design thinking/ working backwards capabilities within the Canada Gas business unit. You will actively partner with Canada Gas stakeholders, US Gas, Liquids, Power and Storage, as well as IS and Tech Centre to foster strong collaboration and deliver solutions that provide maximum value to Canada Gas and TC Energy.
What you’ll do
- Identify innovation opportunities and manage, facilitate and support the portfolio of game changing projects across Canada Gas
- Leverage comprehensive business acumen to partner with the Canada Gas functional and cross-functional teams and other key stakeholders to identify opportunities for innovation
- Execute projects that are multi-disciplinary, spanning multiple teams and departments (within Canada Gas) involving extensive collaboration with IS and Technical Centre
- Partnering with IS & Tech Centre to oversee, direct and facilitate the successful execution of medium to large projects, including working with Project managers to plan and execute delivery
- Be able to interact with Director level or above, and sponsorship at the Vice President, Senior Vice President and Executive Vice President level
- Execute and support the governance, reporting and project delivery standard to ensure alignment with goals and delivery of results
- Develop, implement and evolve a suite of design thinking tools and processes, with a focus on improving team efficiency and effectiveness
- Be a visible role model of a high-performing, innovation culture and mindset, promote and foster a culture of innovation in Canada gas and across TC Energy
- Review and analyze multi-source data and processes to identify waste, devise new approaches, apply existing criteria in new manners and draw conclusions for comparative situations
- Minimum 6 or more years of progressive related experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in relevant discipline
- An alternative combination of education and experience may be considered
- Experience successfully managing projects from original concept through to final execution
- Strong computer skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Exceptional communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills are needed
- Working experience delivering innovation work, leading change and delivering tangible business benefits
- Working experience managing effective relationships with internal and/or external stakeholder groups
- Strong technical background in the development and operation of the Canada Gas Pipeline System would be an asset
- Working knowledge of Working Backwards and design thinking techniques and Agile delivery would be considered an asset
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to pull meaningful insights out of multi-source, large data-sets
- Ability to problem solve and demonstrate conflict resolutions skills
- Strong leadership skills and ability to lead change and influence others
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Apply to this posting by 01/28/2022 using reference code 97942. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.