Instrumentation Apprentice – 1st/ 2nd Year SUMMARY Strike’s Instrumentation Apprentices are integral support members of the Electrical and Instrumentation (E&I) Team. Based in Fort Saskatchewan the E&I team works on local projects as well as site projects located in Western Canada. POSITION LOCATION/ DETAILS
- A successful candidate for this position will be local to Fort Saskatchewan or surrounding areas
- Travel to and from project sites will be a requirement of this role
- Work with a variety of pneumatic and electronic instruments to measure and control variables such as pressure, flow, temperature, level, composition.
- Test accuracy of flow meters, pressure gages, temperature indicators, controllers, and other recording, indicating, or controlling instruments.
- Calibrate, repair, maintain and adjust system components, and install and maintain instruments on new or existing equipment.
- Read and interpret P&ID’s and Isometrics.
- A demonstrated ability to work safe.
- Extensive experience in the construction, repair, and alteration of instrument tubing in accordance with ABSA standards
- Registered with the appropriate apprenticeship board as a 1st and 2nd year Instrumentation Apprentice
- Must have successfully completed the Swagelok Installation training course
- Tubing experience and knowledge is required
- Previous experience working within the oil and gas construction industry
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test
Who we are Strike Group is a Canadian company with various locations across Alberta, BC, and Saskatchewan Strike Group has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and in 2013 was awarded Contractor of the Year by Alberta Venture. At Strike we demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity and initiative and reward people for their commitment, energy, enthusiasm and results. We treat others as we wish to be treated and, most importantly, ensure that every employee goes home safe. Why work for us Strike encourages and supports professional development through education and mentorship. We offer comprehensive benefits, recognition and service awards, competitive wages, and opportunities for career growth. We support the communities where we live and the Strike team that makes those communities thrive.
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.