Summary Strike’s Instrumentation Journeymen are integral support members of the Electrical and Instrumentation (E&I) Team. The E&I team works on local projects as well as site projects located in Western Canada. Key Responsibilities
- Work with a variety of pneumatic and electronic instruments to measure and control variables such as pressure, flow, temperature, level, composition.
- Test accuracy of flowmeters, pressure gages, temperature indicators, controllers, and other recording, indicating, or controlling instruments.
- Calibrate, repair, maintain and adjust system components, and install and maintain instruments on new or existing equipment.
- Prepare schematic drawings, sketches, and reports to reflect changes or alterations made in instruments, circuits and systems.
- Assist in estimating as required.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Possess a valid Journeyman certificate of qualification issued by the appropriate province or federal authority
- Worker to be Indentured or willing to be Indentured as an Electrical Apprentice.
- Extensive experience in the construction, repair, and alteration of instrument tubing in accordance with ABSA standards
- Must have successfully completed the Swagelok Installation training course
- Tubing experience and knowledge is required
- Ability to travel across Alberta for work as required
- Valid Driver’s License
- Strong commissioning skills & experience would be considered an asset
- Ability to successfully pass an alcohol & drug test
Why work for Strike: Based in Western Canada with a head office in Calgary, Alberta, we provide energy and industrial construction and maintenance services across the largest geographical area in Canada. At Strike we continuously demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity, and initiative. This has been shown through the recognition of being named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and then later recognized at Platinum Level for Canada’s Best Managed Companies distinction since 2018. Our team is comprised of loyal, supportive, and forward-thinking industry professionals. We foster a stable, safe, and community-minded environment where you can embrace professional development and maximize your upward mobility. At Strike we also reward our own people for their continuous commitment, energy, enthusiasm, and results. Our culture at Strike is highly important to us, which is why we make many efforts to support those employed at Strike. Strike’s main value is that every employee gets home safe. We are a safety focused company that allows our employees to work efficiently with the safest equipment and procedures. At Strike, we have created a community that supports the importance of physical and mental health. As we value the importance of treating others as we wish to be treated, Strike has a welcoming and inclusive team. Strike Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Join our fast-growing company with a small business feel.
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.