SUMMARY Strike’s Apprentice Instrumentation technicians are integral support members of the Electrical and Instrumentation (E&I) Team. Based in Fort Saskatchewan the E&I team works on local projects as well as site projects located in Western Canada. POSITION LOCATION/ DETAILS
- A successful candidate for this position will be local to Fort Saskatchewan or surrounding areas
- Travel to and from project sites will be a requirement of this role
- Extensive experience in the construction, repair, and alteration of instrument tubing in accordance with ABSA standards
- Work with a variety of pneumatic and electronic instruments to measure and control variables such as pressure, flow, temperature, level, composition.
- Test accuracy of flow meters, pressure gages, temperature indicators, controllers, and other recording, indicating, or controlling instruments.
- Calibrate, repair, maintain and adjust system components, and install and maintain instruments on new or existing equipment.
- Prepare schematic drawings, sketches, and reports to reflect changes or alterations made in instruments, circuits and systems.
- Read and interpret P&ID’s and Isometrics.
- A demonstrated ability to work safe.
- Must be willing to travel out of town
- Registered with the appropriate apprenticeship board as a 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th year Instrumentation Apprentice
- Must have successfully completed the Swagelok Installation training course
- Tubing experience and knowledge is required
- Previous experience working within the oil and gas construction industry
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test
Who we are Strike Group is a Canadian company with various locations across Alberta, Saskatchewan, British Columbia and Manitoba. Strike Group has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and in 2013 was awarded Contractor of the Year by Alberta Venture. At Strike we demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity and initiative and reward people for their commitment, energy, enthusiasm and results. We treat others as we wish to be treated and, most importantly, ensure that every employee goes home safe. Why work for us Strike encourages and supports professional development through education and mentorship. We offer comprehensive benefits, recognition and service awards, competitive wages, and opportunities for career growth. We support the communities where we live and the Strike team that makes those communities thrive.
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.