INSTRUMENTATION TECH – HARMATTAN
Why work at AltaGas?
We’re a leading energy infrastructure company with a footprint in some of North America’s most strategic energy markets. Our strategy is simple: to leverage the strength of our assets and expertise along the energy value chain to connect customers with premier energy solutions – from the well sites of upstream producers to the doorsteps of homes and businesses, and to new markets around the world.
To make this happen, we have a talented team of people who are safely and reliably operating our assets in every corner of North America. We’re incredibly proud of our team and their commitment to act with integrity, strive for operational excellence, and go the extra mile for our customers and the communities we serve. Learn more about our team, vision and strategy.
How do you fit in?
AltaGas requires an enthusiastic, proactive, innovative and motivated individual to join our Team at the Harmattan Plant. Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, this position will support the maintenance activities at the facility.
What you’ll be doing:
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance repair to all Pneumatic and Electrical Instrumentation for safe, efficient, and environmentally sound operation. Examples: LEL / H2S detectors, control / ESD valves, transmitters, composite samplers
- Confidently assess, troubleshoot and resolve device, system, and process issues with operations support
- Assisting with managing a critical parts inventory to minimize downtime of facility equipment.
- Provide support to procurement group regarding purchasing of maintenance parts and equipment
- Maintenance, calibration and repair to Gas Chromatograph and Process Analyzers and associated equipment according to manufacture’s specifications and Industry Practice
- Maintains compliance with applicable regulatory requirements, Company policies, safety and environmental standards
- Assist with turnaround planning and execution activities for maintenance at the facility
- Support and cross train with Electricians for inter departmental strength
- Has a strong focus on safety and increasing safety culture
- Provide Maintenance Assistance for other Plant Trades People
- Work with Operations to ensure effective job planning
- Utilizing the Maximo Maintenance software system to the full capabilities
- Update maintenance procedures as required
- Oversee and direct contract maintenance personnel
- Other duties deemed necessary for the safe and effective operation of Harmattan
What you must have:
- Certified Alberta Instrument Technician Journeyman
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience
- 2 – 5 years gas plant-based experience
- H2S Alive, First Aid, CPR, Confined Space Entry certifications
- Computer knowledge would be considered an asset
- Electrical ticket or apprenticeship considered an asset
- Local residence (reasonable response time for callouts) considered an asset
- Willing to acquire electrical Journeyman’s Certificate
- The ability to communicate in a clear and concise nature
Where you’ll be working:
The Harmattan Gas Processing Complex is one of the largest gas plants in Alberta and is located 100 kilometres north of Calgary near Sundre, AB. Harmattan extracts NGLs from the raw natural gas delivered for processing, fractionates the recovered NGLs into specification ethane, propane, butane and condensate, and provides storage and rail loading services for each product. The Harmattan facility also has CoGen power and steam generation, Amine sweetening, and Deep Cut process. To learn more visit the Harmattan Gas Processing Complex.
Ready to join our team?
If you’d like to be part of a company that invests in its people, always creates opportunities to help them grow and fosters an environment where everyone feels welcome, AltaGas is the place for you!
To apply, submit your resume in confidence to our Human Resources team by clicking on the button below or visiting www.altagas.ca/careers .
AltaGas hires personnel on the basis of job-related qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to a person’s ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in working with us, but only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. At this time, we are not accepting agency referrals or telephone inquiries.
To apply for this job please visit tre.tbe.taleo.net.