The successful Engineer will be an integral member of the Integrity Crossings team that is positioned under the Risk & Engineering Strategy team within Pipeline Integrity. The main focus of the Integrity Crossings team is to complete surface loading analysis of temporary and permanent vehicle crossings across TransCanada’s buried pipelines to ensure the stresses are acceptable and meet regulatory surface loading requirements. Integrity Crossings sees between 1000 – 2000 third party crossing requests per year (including both temporary and permanent crossing requests). In addition, Integrity Crossings manages urban development applications, new construction design basis reviews, supporting the protective measure drawings, and provides technical crossing guidance for the Crossing and Encroachment TOP as well as completes 1st and 2nd party crossings assessments as needed (facilities and pipelines). Integrity Crossings is committed to improving accuracy and efficiency of surface loading analysis. As a result, Integrity Crossings also has a few multi-year research and development projects.
- Manage permanent crossings assessments, approvals and negotiations;
- Update procedures to guide efficiency and consistency – this could be paired with the surface loading improvement initiatives;
- Manage, oversee, communicate and provide training on the implementation of the 1st and 2nd party Maximum Vehicle Loading System Wide Assessment Surface Loading Spreadsheet and procedures;
- Update TransCanada’s crossing drawings and identify new solutions for testing / consideration;
- Identify new reseacrh and development projects to address technical hurdles.
Qualifications and Education
- Understanding of pipeline integrity, stress assessments, and safety – to provide due diligence;
- Engineering governance – to ensure safety and compliance;
- Communication – to ensure stakeholders are satisfied;
- Negotiation – work with applicants to adjust their design to consider TransCanada’s requirements;
- Business process improvement – for efficiency and effectiveness.
Education and Experience
- B.Sc. Engineering (Civil, Materials, Mechanical, or Petroleum)
- A minimum of 5 years of experience
*This position requires candidates to:
- have and maintain a valid Driver’s License;
- provide a Driver’s Abstract for review;
- have or obtain the Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC);
- successfully complete a pre-employment medical screening, including drug and alcohol testing;
- This position requires candidates to have API 1169 certification with preference given those who do;
- This position will require the ability to travel across borders and as such the candidate must be able to provide applicable documentation to this affect
*Depending on the qualifications of the applicants, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
Applicants who require accommodation at any stage of the application process or if you would like additional information regarding TransCanada’s accommodation policies please contact email@example.com.
All positions require background screening. Some include criminal and/or credit checks in order to comply with regulations.
Please apply to this posting by 01/21/2018. To apply, go to jobs.transcanada.com and enter reference code 46384. Only applications submitted through the TransCanada Careers website will be acknowledged.
TransCanada is an equal opportunity employer.
Make what you do matter.
At TransCanada we dream big, think big and do big things. For over 65 years, we’ve had the vision and scale to deliver big things that matter to the world. From supplying reliable and efficient energy to millions of North Americans with our pipelines, gas storage and power generation facilities, we believe in making big things possible.
TransCanada is looking for people who are willing to think about the future…and think big. We’re looking for people who are ready to take on the most significant challenges of their careers and define energy infrastructure in North America.
Thank you for choosing TransCanada in your career search.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://jobs.transcanada.com/job/Calgary-Integrity-Crossings-Engineer-AB/451110200/?feedId=null&utm_source=J2WRSS&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=J2W_RSS →