Vertex is currently accepting applications for an Intermediate Emissions Scientist to join our Emissions Management team in Calgary, Alberta. The Intermediate Emissions Scientist will support the Emissions Management team with analyzing and reporting data collected through a variety of emissions management field programs in Western Canada. The Intermediate Emissions Scientist will have a high level of proficiency in data management, string technical writing skills, and knowledge of provincial and federal air and emissions regulations. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual with a strong work ethic, clear communication skills, exceptional attention to detail, and the ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Engineering or Environmental Science
- 3-5 years’ experience in air emission reporting
- Technical writing skills with an aptitude for data manipulation required
- Working knowledge of air emissions reporting requirements in Western Canada
- Ability to research and quickly understand new project
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to multitask, balancing competing priorities and deliverables
- Ability to work through ambiguity and communicate complex topics
- Critical thinker with innovative, problem solving abilities
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to interpret technical data as it relates to regulatory compliance
- An unwavering commitment to safety
- High degree of discretion and confidentiality
- Regulatory reporting associated with LDAR Programs, GHG, NPRI, NO2 and TIER requirements
- Oversee the input of fugitive emissions survey, equipment inventory, and vent measurement results through various emissions databases
- Support project and field teams to assure that all project components are monitored completely and are accurately reported
- Support the development of corporate emissions compliance and management programs
- Analyze emissions data collected against applicable regulatory requirements, prepare final reports in effective and actionable format
- Develop a detailed understanding of regulatory requirements related to emissions management, working closely with emissions management project teams
- Maintain a safe, secure, and healthy environment by adhering to Company/Customer safety standards and practices and to legal regulations, alerting others regarding potential hazards or concern
- Perform all duties as assigned and adhere to Vertex’s Core Values
- This position will be based out Of Calgary, Alberta
- Compensation is commensurate with education and experience
- A comprehensive benefit package is provided
With a track record of success, Vertex provides a fast-paced environment where people thrive. We recognize that each member brings a valuable skill set to the Vertex team and we make health, safety and community well-being a priority by supporting numerous endeavors at each of our locations across North America.
At Vertex, we value teamwork through collaboration and provide support across the entire organization. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team, please apply.
*We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted*
To apply for this job please visit vertex.ca.