Vertex is currently accepting applications for a full time Intermediate Environmental Scientist in Fort St. John, British Columbia. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and executing upstream oil and gas and industrial projects in accordance with Vertex guidelines and project scopes. This role will have focus on assessment, remediation, and reclamation projects. This individual will play a critical role in the execution of all aspects of the project while delivering a cost-effective approach that exceeds our client’s expectations.
- Diploma or higher education related to environmental sciences, biology or other related discipline, with a professional designation
- Eligibility for professional registration is a requirement
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of environmental work experience in:
- Stage 1 and 2 Preliminary Site Investigations
- Spill response
- Groundwater monitoring
- Surface water sampling
- Reclamation supervision
- Schedule B site reclamation assessments
- Reclamation assessments
- Part 1 and 2 Certificate of Restoration Applications * Project management experience is an asset
- Experience in managing upstream environmental assessment and remediation projects
- Willingness to work in the field for extended periods of time; willingness to travel within Western Canada as required
- Excellent communication and technical reporting skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Spend more than 80% of work hours performing technical field support on environmental projects
- Responsible for project coordination, cost control and project scoping to ensure effectively versatile solutions are developed to meet client’s regulatory needs and budgets
- Responsible for both field and office execution of environmental projects with an emphasis on field work
- Responsible to build relationships within Vertex, with regulators and clients to effectively develop and manage projects within the environmental business unit
- This position will be based out of Fort St. John, British Columbia.
- Compensation is commensurate with education and experience
- A comprehensive benefit package is provided
With a track record of success, Vertex provides a fast-paced environment where people thrive. We recognize that each member brings a valuable skill set to the Vertex team and we make health, safety and community well-being a priority by supporting numerous endeavors at each of our locations across North America.
At Vertex, we value teamwork through collaboration and provide support across the entire organization. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team, please apply.
*We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted*
To apply for this job please visit vertex.ca.