At ARC, we are in the business of producing some of the world’s most sustainable and ethical oil and gas resources.
People join ARC to be part of something truly unique: a Canadian owned and operated energy company with a reputation for doing what is right. Since our inception more than twenty years ago, we have been leaders in responsible development. At ARC, we create value for our shareholders while fostering a culture where respect for the individual is paramount and action and passion are rewarded. By employing top talent and relentlessly striving for excellence, we have earned our place as a leading Canadian energy company.
We all need energy, and the sustainable resources we supply will play a critical role in both decreasing global emissions and improving standards of living worldwide. Join ARC for the chance to meaningfully contribute to the future of energy.
We are seeking a highly positive, collaborative and motivated individual to fill a temporary one-year position as the Internal Communications Intern in our Internal Communications team. This position will report directly to the Internal Communications Advisor.
As a critical member of the Internal Communications team, the successful candidate will work closely with the Internal Communications, Human Resources, and other ARC teams to produce and release corporate communications materials while also planning and assisting with internal events and campaigns.
The ideal candidate has excellent writing skills, a passion for creativity and graphic design, a customer-service approach, exceptional organizational and project management skills, a high attention to detail, an adaptive learning mindset and is adept at relationship building. It is critical that the successful candidate be able to work flexible hours. Ideal candidates have a keen interest in the Canadian energy industry and are prepared to learn the information required to form a foundational understanding of ARC’s business. Ideal candidates are also motivated by a fast-paced team-oriented environment that demands constant collaboration and communication.
The Internal Communications Intern’s primary responsibility will be the management of ARC’s Internal Communications Platform. The Internal Communications Intern will be responsible for the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, and quality of all content featured on the Internal Communications Platform. The Intern will also support and assist with the project management
and execution of all internal corporate campaigns and events, including the development and dissemination of associated communications materials.
The successful applicant will be required to:
• Design, develop, write, and edit internal communications materials (news feed articles, emails, presentation slides, infographics, posters and other visual materials).
• Assist with the creation, development and implementation of communications plans for internal ARC initiatives.
• Self-motivate, establish priorities, and effectively handle multiple tasks with a high attention to detail and minimal oversight.
• Proactively build strong and productive relationships with cross-functional teams.
• Solicit organizational feedback and bring forward recommendations for the continuous improvement of ARC’s internal communications initiatives.
• Manage ARC’s Internal Communications Platform (intranet):
o Maintain and manage platform editorial calendar
o Work with and provide superior customer service and support to internal content contributors (write, edit, coordinate, schedule all content on platform)
o Assist with ongoing training and onboarding of internal site users
o Monitor and manage all site permissions
o Carry out platform testing and report on results
– Successfully completed a bachelor’s degree, with preference for Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Graphic Design.
– Exceptional communications skills (visual, verbal and written).
– Experience working with the Adobe Creative applications (Photoshop, InDesign) an asset.
Closing Date: January 31, 2020
Interested applicants are invited to apply via ARC’s website at http://www.arcresources.com/careers/career-opportunities/
We thank you for your interest in ARC Resources Ltd. however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit arcresources.hgcareers.com.