Reporting to the Supervisor of Capital and Cost Reporting within the Project Services Team, you will be responsible for the accurate and timely attestation and processing of supplier invoices. You will distinguish yourself by developing or improving processes and procedures that increase efficiency, accuracy and the thoroughness of the attestation process.
**This is a One Year Temporary Position**
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Analyze current cost data systems and processes to understand root causes for errors and inefficiencies
• Discover opportunities for improvement in cost data systems and processes
• Develop solutions which improve thoroughness and efficiency of invoice attestation across the multiple applications used by the team
• Code (AFE, GL and Tax) and attest invoices prior to payment
o Verify product/service delivered as per incurred cost tracking system
o Attest invoice items as per current supplier rates, contracts & schedules
o Discover, analyze and solve invoicing problems or discrepancies
• Communicate effectively with suppliers, field staff and co-workers (via phone, email and in person). Listening, understanding and also teaching are important aspect of this position
• Work extremely well in a diverse team environment
• Other duties as required to support project execution teams report and manage costs
• Grade 12 or GED is required, post-secondary is preferred
• 5+ years’ experience in data analysis and/or accounting exposure in the oil and gas industry
• Exceptional analytical, problem solving skills, organizational and communication skills are required
• Must have a strong desire to learn, to challenge and improve your personal abilities as well as current systems and processes
• Professionalism, confidentiality and maintaining a high level of accuracy with attention to detail are required at all times
• Able to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment yet contribute effectively in a diverse team setting
• Familiarity with our software applications would also be an asset: includes JDE E1, OpenInvoice, AFE Navigator, as well as Outlook, Word and Excel
To see related Business and Administration roles at CNRL, visit: www.cnrl-careers.com/jobs/Business-and-Administration
About Canadian Natural
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: “To develop people to work together to create value for the Company’s shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity.” As a leading oil and gas producer, our diverse combination of assets include light oil, heavy oil, in situ oil sands production, oil sands mining and upgrading facilities, and natural gas. At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited – CNRL – is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://trr.tbe.taleo.net/trr01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CNRL&cws=1&rid=12420&source=BOE%20Report →