Strike’s Apprentice Ironworker’s assist in laying out, installing and fabricating structural steel in live and greenfield environments. Work assignments include Welding and cutting steel, interpreting blueprints, rigging, directing cranes, assisting welders and setting structural steel.
Employees are expected to support and participate in a “culture of safety”, and adhere to and be ambassadors of Strike’s Code of Conduct and Values, and to treat others with dignity, respect and fairness.
- Read blueprints and specifications to lay out the work
- Assemble and erect pre-fabricated structural supports
- Signal crane operator to position steel units according to
- Erect and install scaffolding, hoisting, equipment and rigging
- Position steel units, align holes and insert temporary bolts
- Unload and install pre-cast components
- Performs physically demanding tasks such as lifting and moving structural steel/plates while standing for extended periods of time and securing steel in hard to reach areas
- Identifies, initiates, recommends, and assists in issue resolution processes
- Identify, recognize, and demonstrate safe usage of power tools and hand tools appropriate for the
- May perform other related duties as assigned
Wapiti Phase 2 Expansion project located approximately 70 km SW of Grande Prairie Alberta
Shift schedule – 14 Days on 7 Days off
Camp based position
Project is scheduled to be completed in February 2020
- Registered with the appropriate apprenticeship board as an Apprentice Ironworker
- Fall arrest and man lift training is considered an asset
- Previous construction experience would be considered an asset
- H2S Alive, WHIMIS, CSTS, and Standard First Aid
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Must have experience working at heights
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Capable of working as part of a team
- Fluent in speaking and reading English
- Must be able to follow directions
Who we are
Strike Group is a Canadian company with various locations across Alberta and Saskatchewan. Strike Group has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and in 2013 was awarded Contractor of the Year by Alberta Venture.
At Strike we demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity and initiative and reward people for their commitment, energy, enthusiasm and results. We treat others as we wish to be treated and, most importantly, ensure that every employee goes home safe.
Why work for us
Strike encourages and supports professional development through education and mentorship. We offer comprehensive benefits, competitive wages, and opportunities for career growth. We support the communities where we live and the Strike team that makes those communities thrive.
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.