STUDENT CO-OP/INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY: 8-month term, starting May 2018.
TransCanada’s Enterprise IT Services (EITS) team is responsible for the design, development and support of corporate business processes enabled through SAP. The team is comprised of Application Development and Support; Basis and Security; Business Analytics and Reporting, Organizational Change Management and Training, Project Services, and Integrated Business Process Management. The EITS IS Construction and Maintenance Systems team collaborates with its business partners to align SAP configuration and functionality with business processes that help TransCanada to deliver on its growth strategy. The team identifies SAP configuration impacts across business processes, provides solutions to meet stakeholder requirements, and recommends optimization/investment priorities for consideration by business process owners. The EITS IS Construction and Maintenance Systems team also provides user support for SAP in the functional areas of Projects, Operations, Quality Management, Supply Chain, Regulatory Compliance, and Health, Safety & Environment.
- Test script development, unit and integration testing, and testing coordination;
- Business role testing, user reviews and access requests compilation;
- Training content development, material review, support and logistics;
- Business support for remedy and frontline applications;
- Data collection, contact and support, data consolidation, data cleansing and validation;
- Other tasks, as required.
Qualifications and Education
- Must be enrolled in a co-op/internship program at a recognized post-secondary institution over the duration of the work term;
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills, using critical thinking to work through complex problems;
- Excellent time management skills to balance competing priorities;
- Results-oriented individual who thrives working in a fast-paced environment;
- Positive and professional attitude;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Self-driven with strong interpersonal skills to support clients effectively;
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse group of individuals;
- Aptitude to learn and become proficient in software applications.
- 2nd or 3rd year student enrolled in a Business, Engineering, or Computer Science program;
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel is required;
- Experience with SAP Business Intelligence is considered an asset;
- Experience with SQL is considered an asset.
*Depending on the qualifications of the applicants, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
Applicants who require accommodation at any stage of the application process or if you would like additional information regarding TransCanada's accommodation policies please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All positions require background screening. Some include criminal and/or credit checks in order to comply with regulations.
Please apply to this posting by 01/26/2018. To apply, go to jobs.transcanada.com and enter reference code 46586. Only applications submitted through the TransCanada Careers website will be acknowledged.
TransCanada is an equal opportunity employer.
Make what you do matter.
At TransCanada we dream big, think big and do big things. For over 60 years, we've had the vision and scale to deliver big things that matter to the world. From supplying reliable and efficient energy to millions of North Americans with our pipelines, gas storage and power generation facilities, we believe in making big things possible.
TransCanada is looking for people who are willing to think about the future…and think big. We're looking for people who are ready to take on the most significant challenges of their careers and define energy infrastructure in North America.
Thank you for choosing TransCanada in your career search.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://jobs.transcanada.com/job/Calgary-IS-Construction-&-Maintenance-Co-op-Student-AB/451136700/?feedId=null&utm_source=J2WRSS&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=J2W_RSS →