POSITION SUMMARY POSITION SUMMARY The Information Technology Administrator supports the IT Manager with the day-to-day administration of IT activities. Strike Group’s IT department is responsible for a wide variety of technological spend, and the IT Administrator plays a key role in ensuring that invoices are paid on time, within budget, and that quotes are acted upon and contracts are renewed on a timely basis. Further, the successful candidate will work closely with IT team members, as time permits, to support existing systems, by assisting with testing and investigation activities when issues arise.
The IT Administrator will also help IT project teams explore new technologies and service offerings, by coordinating activities that move projects forward to successful launch of technological improvements at Strike. The IT Administrator is tasked with collecting and organizing information from and for the project team, and helping with communications and task management. The IT Administrator will also have the opportunity to be a valuable contributor to projects, providing input on requirements design, vendor assessments, and assisting with solution testing. Employees are expected to support and participate in a “culture of safety” and adhere to and be ambassadors of Strike’s Code of Conduct and Values, and to treat others with dignity, respect and fairness. CORE ACCOUNTABILITES Contracts & Procurement Management
- Receipt coding, distribution and filing of invoices on a daily, weekly & monthly basis.
- Obtaining, analyzing and allocating mobile device spend monthly.
- Tracking and coordinating contract expiries and renewals.
- Creating purchase orders and monitoring prepaid balances.
- Assisting with annual budget development and presentation preparation.
- Updating and analyzing Actual versus Budgeted IT spend.
- Reporting on Key Performance Indicators for IT monthly.
Project Coordination & Facilitation
- Arranging meetings, capturing minutes and action items, and confirming task completions.
- Facilitating regular communication between IT, project team members, and vendors.
- Assisting with requirements development, cost/benefit evaluations, quality assurance testing, and change management activities, as applicable.
Testing & Investigation Support
- Assisting IT team members by coordinating and performing some testing activities, with guidance, particularly for our ERP system, Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2
- College diploma, university degree or other certification in the fields of Business Administration, Commerce, Information Technology, or similar, with a minimum three years’ relevant work experience.
- Certifications in technology-related and project management disciplines are considered an asset.
Knowledge & Experience
- Administrative experience is desirable, including communications management, and/or coordination and tracking of invoicing and contract statuses.
- Must have strong working knowledge of Excel, to perform actual to budget analyses, vendor cost/benefit analyses, etc.
- Familiarity with project management activities and/or prior involvement with such activities is helpful.
- Background in Information Technology is beneficial.
- Previous experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX is an asset.
Who we are Strike Group is a Canadian company with various locations across Alberta, Saskatchewan, British Columbia and Manitoba. Strike Group has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and in 2013 was awarded Contractor of the Year by Alberta Venture. At Strike we demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity and initiative and reward people for their commitment, energy, enthusiasm and results. We treat others as we wish to be treated and, most importantly, ensure that every employee goes home safe. Why work for us Strike encourages and supports professional development through education and mentorship. We offer comprehensive benefits, recognition and service awards, competitive wages, and opportunities for career growth. We support the communities where we live and the Strike team that makes those communities thrive.
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.