POSITION SUMMARY The Administrative Assistant supports the IT Manager with the day-to-day administration of IT and is involved in coordinating and assisting with various projects and other IT initiatives. Strike Group’s IT department is responsible for a wide variety of technological spend, and the Administrative Assistant plays a key role in ensuring that invoices are paid on time, within budget, and that quotes are acted upon and contracts are renewed on a timely basis. The Administrative Assistant will also help coordinate meetings, take meeting minutes, and perform follow-ups to help move technology projects forward at Strike. The Administrative Assistant is tasked with collecting and organizing information from and for the project team and helping with communications and task management. The Administrative Assistant will also have the opportunity to be a valuable contributor to projects, providing input on requirements design, vendor assessments, and occasionally assisting with solution testing. CORE ACCOUNTABILITES Contracts & Procurement Management
- Receipt, coding, distribution and filing of invoices on a daily, weekly & monthly basis.
- Obtaining, analyzing and allocating mobile device spend monthly.
- Tracking and coordinating contract expiries and renewals.
- Creating purchase orders and monitoring prepaid balances.
- Assisting with annual budget development and presentation preparation.
- Reporting on Key Performance Indicators for IT monthly.
Project Coordination & Facilitation
- Arranging meetings, capturing minutes and action items, and confirming task completions.
- Facilitating regular communication between IT, project team members, and vendors.
- College diploma, university degree or other certification in the fields of Business Administration, Commerce, Information Technology, or similar, or a minimum three years’ relevant work experience.
- Certifications in technology-related and project management disciplines are considered an asset.
Knowledge & Experience
- Administrative experience is desirable, including communications management, and/or coordination and tracking of invoicing and contract statuses.
- Must have strong working knowledge of Excel, to perform actual to budget analyses, vendor cost tracking, etc.
- Familiarity with project management activities and/or prior involvement with such activities is helpful.
- Background in Information Technology is beneficial.
- Previous experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX is considered an asset.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Deep interest in continual learning.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
Who we are Strike Group is a Canadian company with various locations across Alberta, Saskatchewan, British Columbia and Manitoba. Strike Group has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and in 2013 was awarded Contractor of the Year by Alberta Venture. At Strike we demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity and initiative and reward people for their commitment, energy, enthusiasm and results. We treat others as we wish to be treated and, most importantly, ensure that every employee goes home safe. Why work for us Strike encourages and supports professional development through education and mentorship. We offer comprehensive benefits, recognition and service awards, competitive wages, and opportunities for career growth. We support the communities where we live and the Strike team that makes those communities thrive.
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.