Vertex is currently recruiting for an IT Systems Analyst in Sherwood Park, Alberta. The ideal candidate will provide desk-side support to our Sherwood Park office as well as remote support to other offices.
Duties will include hardware, software support, procurement, and IT Projects. The Company has several offices across Western Canada and the United States. Remote support and some travel to various locations is required. This position will report to the IT Manager located in the Sherwood Park office.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years experience in an Information Technology role, in particular, end-user support
- Related Information Technology Degree or Diploma
- MCSA, MCITP, CCNA, Network+ certifications are an asset (in progress or completed)
- Intermediate level Windows Desktop Systems Administration (Windows 7 and 8 Professional)
- Intermediate-level knowledge of networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN).
- Valid Driver’s license required for travel and possess a current passport or be able to get one readily.
- Self-starter with a strong desire to succeed at all tasks
- Works well under pressure, feels comfortable with following directions, and has the ability to balance differing priorities.
- Strong sense of organization and attention to detail
- Ability to perform duties without immediate supervision, exercise sound judgment, and has the ability to communicate with all levels of the staff and the public.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours in a team environment with changing priorities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Investigating, troubleshooting, problem-solving, and resolving technical infrastructure-related issues and providing second-level support including root cause analysis, testing, and documentation.
- Plan, set up, configure, deploy, and troubleshoot desktop, server, and networks, with a focus on desktops.
- Assisting co-workers in troubleshooting and identifying problems.
- Monitoring and analyzing supported services to identify opportunities for improvement and recommend solutions.
- Reviewing, coordinating, and/or executing implementation or maintenance plan updates.
- Develop and update technical documentation including system configurations, application integrations, etc.
- Following Change Management Procedures when deploying changes to the varying environments.
- Coordination, administration, and procurement of phone lines, smartphones, mobile devices.
- Assist with planning or implementation of small to complex projects.
- Provide end-user support and any other IT support duties as required by the Company
- This position will be based out of Sherwood Park, AB with some travel required.
- Compensation is commensurate with education and experience
- A comprehensive benefits package is provided
With a track record of success, Vertex provides a fast-paced environment where people thrive. We recognize that each member brings a valuable skill-set to the Vertex team and we make health, safety, and community well-being a priority by supporting numerous endeavors at each of our locations across North America.
At Vertex, we value teamwork through collaboration and provide support across the entire organization. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team, please apply.
*We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted*
To apply for this job please visit vertex.ca.