Johnson Service Group Inc.
JSG is seeking an experienced Electrical Technician for work on a long-term contract basis, operating on a 7/7 rotation, 12/hr. days, located in Fort McMurray, AB.
The Electrical Technician will maintain Electrical equipment efficiently in good operational order. Will work to minimize throughput losses within our pipeline facilities in a safe and environmentally responsible manner. Is responsible for all Electrical equipment repairs and preventative maintenance duties including; trouble shooting, testing, calibration, analysis, documentation and recording of all findings in the maintenance management system (Maximo) per company standards, best work practices, vender recommendations in keeping with Federal and Provincial regulations.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to Safety and aligns with the Company’s vision of a Path to Zero.
- Provide after hours on call and emergency response for all pipeline facilities including pump stations, terminals, and remote valve sites.
- Maintain a wide variety of Electrical equipment in good working order by performing both repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Maintain Company tools and equipment as well as assigned on-call vehicle in safe working conditions.
- Completes all maintenance record keeping and ensures all related maintenance information is available and documented in Maximo.
- First Responder duties for Emergency Response situations.
- Participates in the Performance management process to keep work activities and focus on company strategic objectives.
- Provide input to Supervision during annual budgeting process.
- May act as Operations Liaison to Regional and Major Projects with the commissioning of their faculties to in service dates.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Journeyman Electrical with provincial or interprovincial certification and High School Diploma or GED required, Instrumentation background will be considered an asset.
- Minimum of 7 years related industrial experience.
- Class 5 driver’s license with clean drivers abstract.
- Possess good interpersonal, communications and interactive people skills
- Possess essential computer skills to work with Company programs such as Maximo, MS Office, AutoCAD, etc.
- Knowledge of PLC’s, RTAP, Flow Computer, and SCADA systems including programming and troubleshooting.
- Based out of the Fort McMurray area.
- Shift work, on a 7 on / 7 off shift (12 hour shifts) with a combination of days and nights.
- Mix of field (~80%) and office (~20%) environments.
- Work in hazardous or restricted locations such as pump buildings, confined spaces, tank lots, and other classified areas within facilities and along the Right Of Way.
- Working on and around high voltage equipment, transformers, disconnects, switchgear, motor control centers, electrical service buildings, etc.
- Frequent travel and on-call responsibilities for assigned areas and stations.
Working on equipment situated at heights.
- This position requires climbing, bending, lifting, standing and crouching on a repetitive basis.
To apply for this job please visit careers.jsginc.com.