Johnson Service Group Inc.
JSG is currently recruiting for a highly experienced Commissioning Superintendant for a large LNG project in Western Canada. Working on a 14/7 rotation, this contract based role will be critical to move the commissioning of this exciting project.
Scope of Responsibilities
Accountable for craft supervision of pre-commissioning support and commissioning execution of work. Ensure safe practices and processes are in place and complied with.
- Ensures that all commissioning activities are completed in a safe and efficient manner.
- Provides day to day support to Commissioning Engineer/Commissioning Coordinator.
- Confirms/arranges suitable PPE is available to all personnel under him.
- Arranges PTW, Tool Box talks are completed in line with HSE requirements prior to work start-up.
- Be continually present on the field to guarantee the quality and progress of the work.
- Ability to closely work with a team of technicians/operators/ sub-contractor to safely execute the work.
- Analyze team performance against schedule and report/advise any changes required to maintain progress to line management.
- Monitor availability of personnel to complete planned workloads.
- Liaise with other disciplines to ensure work fronts are available as required.
- Ability to assist in performing various activities related to rotating equipment likes lube oil flushing, alignment, lubrication, vibration checks, start-up etc.
- Ability to assist in performing various activities related to static equipment likes proper installation of internals inside the vessels as per drawing & specifications.
- Ability to assist in performing various activities such as mechanical interlock, pipeline pigging activities, spring support hot & cold setting, overhead crane functional and load testing, etc.
- Ability to assist in performing air blowing, flushing, leak testing, flange management, drying & inerting of various piping.
- Ensure transport of tools/material to site for teams
- Review spares, spare usage against plan.
- Ensure that commissioning procedures are adhered to and complete all necessary documentation to facilitate work and up-date records.
- Ensure full compliance to company Fire & safety & Environment procedures/standards in all executed work-tasks and actively contributes to sections HSE.
- Identify potential HSSE risks (related to commissioning) and take appropriate steps to mitigate it.
- Work with team to ensure commissioning area is controlled, all energized systems clearly marked and barricaded off. Access control in place, SIMOPS carefully assessed and controlled.
- Give inputs to work plans to ensure minimum standby time for vendor representative and avoid their revisits.
- Accurate interpretation and understanding of P&IDs, process flow diagrams, circuit diagrams and control narratives
- Experience as a superintendent in a Unionized environment
- Brownfield Piping and Mechanical background with 15+ years experience
- Competent in LOTO and PTW
To apply for this job please visit careers.jsginc.com.